"Rectifier Sound" Settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borisson

Reaction score
Hi,
For a few songs in our cover band i would like to get close to the rectifier sound with my Mark V, what settings would get me there?
Thanks for help

I traded my rectifier for a G System soon after buying my Mark V. They are different amps with a different "feel" let alone sound IMO. The closest I can get to the rectifier sound is in the Mark IV mode as it has a tighter bottom end. I have read that some people like to get the chunky power chord type sound out of the Mark I mode. You have to set the eq im a way that doesnt make it too boomy at band volume and that eq setting doesnt work for the third channel IMO. So for a cover band I would reccomend the Mark IV mode. I myself play in a cover band and only play a few songs needing chunk. I use Extreme mode for the 3rd channel most of the time and a quick flick of a switch to Mark IV mode and a minor eq tweek works on the fly for me.

Good luck and happy tweaking!

Channel 3 Mark IV Mode, Treble and Presence = turn past 3 o'clock or all the way, EQ on V shape scooped. Bass Mid and Gain adjust to your liking and it will work better with an overdrive in front.

or try this same setting on channel 2 crunch mode with gain all the way up

APEMAN said:
My "recto" setting:

CH2 / crunch + EQ[std. V shape] / Gain 100% (T and M @ noon B and P @ 9am) / 45W / Tube Rectification / Full Power / 8)

+ Sommer 'The Spirit XXL' cables and a Maxon TS 808 - it comes close to my DR in vintage mode....for me.

Best wishes :wink:
+1 on this setting

thanks for help,
i ve found some good settings in extreme mode but using the contour EQ instead of graphic EQ

Even though it'll be close to impossible to get marks and rectos to overlap, I've found extreme to be the closest sounding to a rectifier. compared to mark IV, it's more low mid focused, has a looser and more predominant bottom end, and less less saturation especially in the midrange (much like a rectifier). If you're trying to get a rectifier-esque tone, I'd start there.

Latest posts

Back