RECTIFIER RECORDING PRE --> 3 channel configuration

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killbyphone

Reaction score
Hi!

I read that the MESA RECTIFIER RECORDING PREAMP can be configured in a kind of 3 channel configuration

With a hit on the SOLO-Button of the usual footswitch you are able to choose wether CHANNEL 2 should be VINTAGE OR MODERN MODE.
BUT - > I want to use MIDI within my rack and so I want to switch channels by theTIP-TO-GROUND SWITCHING OUTS of the Pre instead with usual footswitch!

So it is still possible to have this 3 channel configuration with external switching?
(For example: PATCH #1: channel 2 active / solo not active --> MODERN MODE / PATCH #2: channel 2 active / solo active --> VINTAGE MODE)

I need help ! :(

it s so simple buy a triaxis !
laughs

I love triaxis tones and hate rectifier tones , even if I love rectifier tones I never buy this pre cause two channels is not enough to me .

I need 3 channels 1= clean 2 = rhythm 3 = solo

Triaxis give me 99 channels (presets ) !!!

Think about it

luck

Beside the Recto Pre I also concentrated myself @ the Boogie Triaxis..

`But I've never played through one and I am really searching for that Channel 3 MODERN SOUND.. My MESA 2:100 poweramp is in the rack and I don't know, if I can get this bone crushing sound with the TriAxis and the 2:100 (--> going into a RIVERA KNUCKLEHEAD 4x12 cab - V30 loaded).

I know, that the TriAxis is the way more flexible way to go.. But I don't want to sit down and cry, that I missed the Recto Sound, you know?

If the Triaxis can really compete in a mode with the Rectifier then the decision is done!

Can the Tri do the job :?:

yes triaxis can duplicate rectifier tone only if you have an external equalizer.

guitar - triaxis - equalizer - poweramp - speakers.

I have an old alesis equalizer with 30 bands per side.

This way triaxis can reproduce rectifier tone.
Rectifier never could reproduce triaxis tone.

So with a triaxis and a external eq you have any sound you want.

I love only mesa tone so I will never buy another brand of amps.
see yeah

killbyphone said:
Hi!

I read that the MESA RECTIFIER RECORDING PREAMP can be configured in a kind of 3 channel configuration

With a hit on the SOLO-Button of the usual footswitch you are able to choose wether CHANNEL 2 should be VINTAGE OR MODERN MODE.
BUT - > I want to use MIDI within my rack and so I want to switch channels by theTIP-TO-GROUND SWITCHING OUTS of the Pre instead with usual footswitch!

So it is still possible to have this 3 channel configuration with external switching?
(For example: PATCH #1: channel 2 active / solo not active --> MODERN MODE / PATCH #2: channel 2 active / solo active --> VINTAGE MODE)

I need help ! :(

You said it, it's possible! Wich way you want to do it? with a switcher (from GRX, switchblade, axxess electronic switcher, G-major?).

Yes, with the solo mode you can switch from modern to vintage, the only disadvantage is that you need to find a common EQ setting for both mode, it's a little compromise IMO.

I don't know how the tri-axis sound with the 2:100 but if you like rythm playing and cutting edge presence in you sound stay with the recto pre.

Same advise as always, go and try it before to do any purchase.

Its possible

Dont forget the RJM amp gizmo switcher http://www.rjmmusic.com/ampgizmo.php

Yes I agree if you can try it out first do it.
It can save you alot of headache and money.

Thank you soooo much for all of your advices!!

You helped me a lot..

I'm going to try the TRIAXIS and Recto Pre as soon as possible directly with my rig..

(I did wanted to control the Recto Pre with a NOBELS MS-4)

The prices here (in Germany) are very high considering MESA products (like with the Diezels @ USA ^^).

A Rec Pre costs 1700 EURO STREET / a TRIAXIS 2690 EURO STREET

I have to look, compare and think.. But I believe, that I will be more satisfied with the Triaxis (in the longterm view)...

The 1700 EURO for the Rec Pre are my absolute limit, so I can only buy a TRIAXIS used.. Who has one for sale??

Lets see..

I'll write soon! :lol: :shock:

If you use a G major fx, you can use the 2 relays (stereo jack) with a Y cable (1 stereo/2 mono) and set up like this :

Relay 1: OFF / Relay 2 OFF : Ch 1
R1 ON / R1 OFF : Ch2 SOLO OFF
R1 ON / R2 ON : CH2 SOLO ON

Regards

Latest posts

Back