Rectifier Reborn - fan added?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unnamed1

Reaction score
I have recently upgraded from an older Triple Rectifier to a reborn version that I got second hand.

The first thing I noticed upon turning the reborn version on was a whirring noise. After having a look in the back I noticed there is now a fan keeping everything cool.

Is this fan added in the factory or is it a mod/update someone has put in there?

Thanks,

This is what I can't understand, look at this page on the MESA website and under the section "Convection or Fan Cooling" it says "Fan Cooled."
http://www.mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/electric/rectifier-series/triple-rectifier/head.html#amplifier-features

Also, if you look at this image (which also appears on the MESA Rectifier page, you can see the fan module behind the third tube from the right:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Sr4gEcYDHrI/Ul1_CD2aR1I/AAAAAAAAA1A/ORZ7zrOqFVE/w640-h400-p-k/Mesa-Boogie-Rectifier-Tube-Glow.jpg

Just really confused as it looks exactly the same as the fan in a MESA Road King, but in a Triple Rectifier. Anyone else seen this?

Got mine brand new around mid last year , date of production 12.18.2015 hand written on the chassis, its already with the fan cooled and substantially lighter than non multiwatt triple. I noticed both used the same transformers, so maybe the metal chassis use lighter material, is it?

biddifour said:
Bought mine new from dealer. No fan.

Must be added

Rereading your post I see that you meant triple rec. Sorry, mine is a dual.
Still no fan, but maybe the triple does have one

But I can't see any fan in that second pic. Just that little silver colored transformer. I do have that little thingy

Authorized Boogie said:
When the Multi-Watt head went to UL for testing, they required us to add a fan, and also a ring on the transformer to dissipate heat. Thanks!

What's UL?

barryswanson said:
Authorized Boogie said:
When the Multi-Watt head went to UL for testing, they required us to add a fan, and also a ring on the transformer to dissipate heat. Thanks!

What's UL?

Safety organization. A small appliance or electronic thingamajiggy gets UL certified. "Don't use hair dryer in bath."

My multi-watt triple is from 2011 and has the fan.
Good upgrade I suppose, although in a way it's kind of annoying IMO because if I stop playing I still can't hear what is going on downstairs lol, and then I'm always thinking I hear someone at the door. Oh well they can wait anyways, it's boggie time!
Sounds like mesa really had no choice but to include it.

Latest posts

Back