rectifier effects loop help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondschwin

Reaction score
i posted a topic more specific about my situation with a line 6 delay pedal but its drifted to the bottom so i hope this can be a more general discussion

we all know the rectifier series has a comprehensive effects loop, id like to know how everyone is running their pedals and what level settings they are using... because it can be tricky depending on what gear you have

so post away
and when i figure out mine ill let you know
*i am hoping one of you posts some invaluable info on it*

I use a Quadraverb in the FX loop for delay and verb only. If I mix it too strong with my amp controls, I get an "out of phayse" sound and my delay/verb sounds out of place. The only way to run modulation fx is in front of the amp, but a delay should work in the fx loop. They say to set the fx unit (in your case the Line 6 delay unit) to as close to 100% as possible and keep the boogie as close to 10% as you can. Thats how I set my Quadraverb and it sounds really good like this.

Loop Send level: start at about 1:30 and adjust so there is no volume drop when switching loop on/off
Loop Mix: adjust to taste. I run mine at about 30% so the delay (and especially the reverb) is just for some ambience. This give a nice big sound w/out drastically altering the amps tone.

Delay: 400mS, 5-6 repeats, 100% wet
Reverb: hall, time 20%, tone full dark, 30% wet

I run into the delay first, and the relatively dry mix on the reverb allows the delay to be the dominant effect. With the tone set all the way dark on the reverb, it seems to take away any digital harshness. Both pedals are on all the time, switched in/out with the amp's footswitch.

I have a 50 watt rectoverb and am running a Rocktron Inelliflex through the loop.I have some questions too:

1) Where do you have the loop knob set? The manual says set it at 25%.
2) The Roctron has knobs for input volume and output volume. If anyones effects units have a similar setup, where are those knobs set at?
3) It also seems to me that the effect mix seems to change when I change the preamp volume and the power amp volume,does this happen to others or is it just me?

I set the effects loop up all the way and pull back the effects depth on the pedals. My delay and chorus work great in that setting, although I have to crank the chorus and pull back the delay. The series I ROV is weird in that at 12:00 (FX loop) the volume of the amp is at its lowest.

GuitarCarr said:
I have a 50 watt rectoverb and am running a Rocktron Inelliflex through the loop.I have some questions too:

1) Where do you have the loop knob set? The manual says set it at 25%.
2) The Roctron has knobs for input volume and output volume. If anyones effects units have a similar setup, where are those knobs set at?
3) It also seems to me that the effect mix seems to change when I change the preamp volume and the power amp volume,does this happen to others or is it just me?

i use a line 6 delay which is notorious for its volume drop when engaged so the best way i figured to work things is to have the send signal actually adjusted down because the line 6 unit clips very easily, so i have the knob at about 9:30, the send knob that is

and i have the mix level way up to about 75 to 80 percent

then i use the line 6 mix knob to blend wet and dry signals, and i run my flanger in the front, which actually is sounding alot better

the problem with the line 6 is it sounds fantastic if you set the send at the "normal" level, and have the line 6 all the way up and the mix level set to keep everything at the same level the delay is very low, its fine for ambience i bet, but not really even because its barely audible and i didnt buy a line 6 modeling pedal to have it for ambience i want all its craziness
ah well

i was actually wondering, i have the send level set a bit lower then normal, is this affecting how hard i push my power tubes, because now my master volume needs to be set higher to achieve the levels it had before?

I have a series 1 rectoverb

I was fooling around last night and this is what I have set:

1) The Master output at 12:00
2) The channel vol pushes the levels up on the rocktron, so I have that set at about 9:00, so if I need more volume and have to turn more channel/pre amp volume up I expect I will have to lower the input/output settings on the rocktron.
3) The effects loop level on the back of the amp is set to about 60%.

Actually, I just had the amp retubed and the effects loop fixed(it wasn't working at all), I had it woeking pretty good last night but won't really know until fridays jam session when I can hear it with the rest of the band.

" was actually wondering, i have the send level set a bit lower then normal, is this affecting how hard i push my power tubes, because now my master volume needs to be set higher to achieve the levels it had before?"

The manual says the master volume(which is the power amp section) and the channel volume(which is the pre amp section) have an effect on the lvels of the loop. One mine it seems the channel volume has the most impact.........

Latest posts

Back