Rectifier Amp - Stereo cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roth

Reaction score
I have been playing for a long time, and have used alot of equipment, and thought I had alot figured out, but this is a question I just can't get a straight answer so if anyone can answer.... I'd appreciate it!

I have a Triple Rectifier that recently bought. I have an Ampeg Stereo 412 cabinet. The cabinet has a selector switch for either 16 ohm Mono OR 4 ohm Mono/8 Ohm stereo. I want to run the cabinet in stereo using 2 of the speaker outputs on the Mesa Head. I have the selector switch in 8 ohm stereo.

My question is: when selected to 8 ohm stereo on the cabinet, do I run the (2) speaker cables to each of the 8 ohm outputs on the amp OR to each of the 4 ohm outputs on the amp?

Thanks for the help!

K

well the triple rectifier isnt a stereo amplifer..... there will be no stereo effect at all, so why bother? its a mono effects loop, and mono output stage

Thank you!! I do appreciate the quick reply. I should have clarified in my original post that I DO already know that the Rectifier is NOT a stereo amp and that the FX loop is in fact mono. This I already know.

My question is: I want to run the Stereo Cabinet in 8 ohm stereo mode. Do I hook the (2) speaker cables up to both of the 8 ohm outputs or 4 ohm outputs on the Mesa head?

Thanks again... I do appreciate your help and I understand your very valid point, and I don't want to get into the reason why I want to run the cabinet this way, I just want to know HOW to run it this way...LOL!!

K

hook it up from each of the 4 ohm outputs, if its two seperate 8 ohm stereo inputs.. its the same as hooking up two seperate 8 ohm cabinets...

so each 4 ohm to each 8 ohm input on the cabinet

http://mesaboogie.com/manuals/3chRecto.pdf

reference the manual at the back there is diagrams for hooking cabinets up

Thats what I originally thought!

I looked at the diagram and assumed that each side of my 412 in stereo would be like having 2 separate cabs, but someone was telling me different, and I wasn't sure by looking at the Mesa diagram if that would be correct on the same cab.

Thank you my friend!! This board is a GREAT resource.

Latest posts

Back