Rect-o-Verb series I & II differences, got reply from ME

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjruiz

Reaction score
It's a topic already discussed, I just want to let you know what MESA has replied me about the differences in series I & II concerning the sound. I've read some threads telling that series II are re-voiced more agressive, but actually I've checked both series and I didn't find that difference, here I have to say that I'm comparing only the modern mode which is the one that I really mind from this amp.

My question to MESA:

Hi,

I'm writing to you because I own a rect-o-verb 50 1x12 combo series I, and I have heard that series II sounds a little more agressive, since I use the "modern" mode almost all the time, I'm interested in knowing if it really exists any diffence in that mode between two versions. if so, is there any way I can upgrade my rect-o-verb combo series I?

Replay:

Hello there,

Thanks for your e-mail.

The only differences from version 1 to version 2 are:

- the addition of the “RAW” mode on channel 2.

- The footswitch went from a ¼ “ to a pin din cable.

- Bias select switch to accommodate EL34’s.

Nothing about the existing amp was re-voiced.

Hope this helps!

If you have any further questions, please call us here at the factory at (707)778-6565 Monday – Thursday 9-5 PST.

Thanks for your interest in MESA

JJ,

You would be lucky to line ten series II amp up and getting them to sound the same. If you like it, then don't worry. Just play.

If you don't you will turn into Eric Johnson. One album per decade due to tone issues.

:D

Latest posts

Back