RECT-O-VERB - METAL SETTINGS!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjruiz

Reaction score
Hi All,

What settings do you think are the best for metal in a Rect-O-Verb? mine is a combo 1x12 series I but settings for series II or head are welcome.

Thanks for sharing!!

Lead Channel: Vintage mode. For modern mode, lower the trible and precense.

Bass: 10 o´clock
Mid: 12 o´clock
Trible: 13 o´clock
Gain 13-14 o´clock
precense: 9 o´clock

Thanks Ronnie!

I've purchased this amp last week, so I'm just starting with it. The thing is that I have some concerts with my band ahead, so I need to get a good sound as soon as possible.

Hey , hope you enjoy your new amp. Ive had my rectoverb for about a month now and loving it. Ronnie has a great setting for metal like you asked. Id like to throw my 2 cents in also. I have found that the mid and treb knobs play a large roll in this amp. First on the modern channel lower it way down to around 7-9 oclock,,nice. On the vintage channel you can get many different sounds you may like that you wouldnt think would be there. Try lowering the treble knob on vintage all the way down and you will find you get more treble,,,hard to explain? its not what you would expect to happen,, but Try it out. Also a very nice mode to try metal is the pushed mode with the gain cranked. It took me a few weeks to understand a lot of the sounds you can get out of the amp. P.s. try out an overdrive pedal in front of the amp like an xotic bb preamp.. real nice

hey man, i love my rectoverb and i use it for mainly metal, but i can get my settings on vintage to clean up well for rock and what not too and it's very nice for shred stuff (think paul gilbert)

vintage mode:

presence 2 o clock
bass 11 - 1 o clock
mid 3 o clock
treble 1 o clock
gain 2 - 3 o clock

modern mode:

presence 2 o clock
bass 2 o clock
mid 2:30-ish oclock
treble 3 o clock
gain 2 - 3 o clock

also, with those modern settings if you suck out the mids and crank up the presence it sounds to me like the stock recto sound for modern metal.

oh yeah and i use EMG 81/85

Ronnie_Rocker said:
Lead Channel: Vintage mode. For modern mode, lower the trible and precense.

Bass: 10 o´clock
Mid: 12 o´clock
Trible: 13 o´clock
Gain 13-14 o´clock
precense: 9 o´clock

You could try to lower the mid as well, for some heavier sounds.

Thanks for the info, I'm getting terrific sounds! but still understanding how this amp works, as you say, some sounds are where you don't expect to :)

Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back