Recording with my MKIIC+ recommend load res?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dasein

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm doing some recording and want to use my IIC+ --- but I live in a condo so I can't use it amplified through the speaker - I've been using a free version of GuitarRig 5 and though very cool - it can't even begin to approach "my sound". My understanding is that I can use the slave out from the Boogie to patch into my M-Audio Profire interface, but that I will need to unplug the speaker and plug the speaker wire into some sort of load box thing? Is this right? I've never seen one so I don't know what I'm looking for or what they are actually called. Any recommendations or tips on what I need (or a redirect in a different direction?)

Many Thanks

Dasein said:
Hi Guys

I'm doing some recording and want to use my IIC+ --- but I live in a condo so I can't use it amplified through the speaker - I've been using a free version of GuitarRig 5 and though very cool - it can't even begin to approach "my sound". My understanding is that I can use the slave out from the Boogie to patch into my M-Audio Profire interface, but that I will need to unplug the speaker and plug the speaker wire into some sort of load box thing? Is this right? I've never seen one so I don't know what I'm looking for or what they are actually called. Any recommendations or tips on what I need (or a redirect in a different direction?)

Many Thanks
You can use a 8 ohm 100W resistor...
but recommend a speaker emulator instead.
The "slave out" never really sounds any good for recording anyway. On any amp...
But the speaker emulator comes closer to what you really need, or an iso cabinet.
http://www.franknitsch.com/speaker-sims/intro.php

Dasein said:
Hi Guys

Many Thanks

They are a bit expensive, can be had new for $900. Mine should be here in mid-May. This is what you want for recording an amp (not preamp), silently.

Live_upfront_persp.jpg

Latest posts

Back