Recommendations for loop switcher

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluzCruz

Reaction score
Any recommendations out there for a loop switcher that is quiet in the loop of the Mark V and doesn't color the sound in unusual ways?

I have a One Control "white loop minimal" that works ok in front of the amp but when placed in the loop I get a strange whining sound that occurs no matter which loop is engaged. It's not real loud, but definitely loud enough even at pretty low volume that I wouldn't use it to gig.

I have a radial bones loopbone which I have not tried yet (about to give it a try) but it's got kind of a large footprint and uses a really stupid 15V power supply that requires the use of their wall wart (which is why I replaced it with the One Control).

I don't need to control a lot of loops, 2 would be fine for now, maybe a few more later. Not necessarily via midi, if I can help it. I'd prefer not to spend a lot on the loop controller if I can help it.

Anybody have a good suggestion?

Well how about that. I had tried the one control with a Mark V:35, but not the V. And what ever was going on with the V35, it isn't happening on the V.
So my one control will work fine. It sounds good, no noise or coloration I can discern.

Still interested in switching solutions others use successfully with the V though. Also wondering if people put like a Boss GT-100 in the loop with good results for time effects.
I used to have one but sold it and went back to discrete pedals.

Who is the guru of effects switching on here? I need to get to know you!

I have an ES-8 that works fantastic with my Mark V and all my pedalboard effects.

I have a Boss GT-100. Tried to use it in the loop, even tried the 4 wire method and did not really like it. I basically use it as a practice amp or for direct recording as it works well there. Trying to get the amp model out of all the presets cannot be done. Sure you can build your own patches without the amp model and such but found it to add noise. Perhaps others have had success with it. I found the single pedal approach is better than a multi-effects generator that uses a common DSP chip. I would rather carry the Boss GT-100 and a powered speaker to my jam sessions vs trying to lug the amp and everything else. I like the Terra Echo in the GT-100 so I bought the pedal TE-2. Also like the foot or expression pedal as a volume control.

Can the ES-8 run an effect in parallel or is it all series loops?

I'm using a Digitech GSP1101 in the loop of my MKV:35. I would say it actually makes the amp sound better! Even with no effects on!

I use a Decibel 11 Pedal Palette. Four loops, parallel/series, tuner out, and decent buffer. Ability to flip the order of the loops. I run my dirt/drive pedals in it in front of the Mark V.

http://www.decibel11.com/Pedal-Palette.html

Latest posts

Back