Recommend pedals for the Mark IIB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHysteria

Reaction score
Hey all!

I like the clean channel so far, but I am still unsatisfied with the lead channel. Any recommended distortion/overdrive pedals I should be looking into. I think I might get a Boss GE-7 as well, but also looking for better lead.

Recommendations and advice please!

Boy, I've used a bunch of pedals with the clean on my Mk II, most of them sound good:

DIY Fuzz Face Clone
Digitech Screaming Blues
Big Muff
Mesa V-Twin

Those, plus a Cry Baby, Dano Octave, Dano Delay & a Boss Chorus.

Clean, the Mark II is a great amp for pedals.

Lot's of pedals will do nicely.

I have a MkIII and I really like the Carl Martin Hot Drive N' Boost with it. I am sure that some of the Fulltone pedals would also be a good choice (OCD or Fulldrive). I just read that Joe Bonamassa uses the Hot Drive N' Boost with his setup. (not a Boogie, but I have always liked Joe's tone).

This is all very subjective but here goes (I am a blues/jazz fusion guy):
I get my best results with a Klon pushing the lead channel of my Mark III and Mark IIC+. The ProAnalog Dirt Royale with Cheese also is great pushing the lead channel but I must say I really like my lead channel of my IIC+ unmolested. Pushing the clean channel of both I have really liked using the LovePedal Eternity however Sean just released a new pedal in small quantities called the 22 which is very nice going into the clean channel.

Another smokin' pedal is the Hermida Zendrive although some don't like the color it adds to their tone - I love mine for low volume playing especially with humbuckers often going into the Klon before hitting the amp.

Best value for the buck however is the Paul Cochrane Tim ($135 new with a wait).

The problem is that these are all pedals that can be hard to come by!

Very late to the thread, but I've got an Analogman Silver TS-9 and an Xotic AC Booster and either of these pedals sound GREAT with the amp. I'd use the Xotic on top of the lead channel with a rhythm tone dialled in to just give a little extra creaminess, and would use the Tubescreamer straight into the clean channel for an EJ type tone.

Back