Recommend a pedal to me.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUS

Reaction score
Hi. I am looking for a high quality effects unit to use in the FX loop. I need it to do delay in various modes with adjustable bpm, and repeat values (dotted eight, etc). I also would like some other time based effects such as chorus and tremolo, but this isn't crucial. This unit needs to have bankable presets. I can use two or three delay presets per song, so I would like to be able to set up a bank for each song in the set list. It would be nice if this unit could be used to switch channels on my express 5:25, and also to create switchable loops for my front loading pedals. I do not need it to have an expression pedal, amp modeling, or anything weird or over the top.

Does such an animal exist?

Thanks,

JUS

Hi. I was reading your post for quite a while trying to think of something that would do that.
Its a tough one. I think Line 6 would serve your purpose. Im not talking bout the single delay pedal, but something like the short
pedal board they offer. It would allow you to set up to 3 different delay sounds and settings.
I play a 1x12 ED and i put my HBE Mimic mock 1 through the frnt of the amp, and it slays that ***** totally.
Personally i only use pedals through the front of the amp. Im not a fan of the FX loops. (IMO)

If you don't necessarily have your mind set on a pedal then check out the G-Major. Effectswise it can do everything you described and more, it can switch you're amps channel but it doesn't have switchable loops. You could either buy a GCX, Patchmate or something of those sorts or a remote true bypass looper that can be controlled by 1/4" Amp switches for that. You'd have to go the MIDI route though and I understand that's not for everyone.

Latest posts

Back