Recommend a good product for removing ground loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1198

Reaction score
I have a multi-amp setup and have a problem with hum due to a ground loop. I'm hoping someone on this board has had a similar problem and can recommend a good, safe product to elimate the ground loop while not altering the tone at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I use a Radial Big Shot and a Ebtech. No more cheap Hummers. Quite as can be, even cranked.

I found that the Radial Switchbone works great. Eliminated the huge hum I got using an old Mark I (when they were just Boogies!) and a DC-2.

Maybe he means humsters.

Seriously, any of the suggested units will do a better job than the Whirlwind. For amp switching, you gets what you pays for.

A simple ground lift adapter,less than $1 and it works fine.Just use one on one of the amps and it will be safely grounded thru the patch cord connecting both amps.I have been using one with a simple A/B box I made 30 years ago and never had a problem,the A/B box simply switches the hot leads and the 3 to 2 prong connector takes care of the ground loop.It will work if you are using the 2 amps at the same time as well.

I just bought one of those Ebtech Hum X power adapters. It completely and safely eliminated the hum. It was a little bit expensive, but well worth it.

Latest posts

Back