Re-tubing a 2Channel REC...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiSeRY

Reaction score
So I want to go with JJ tubes and I tried to get ahold of Bob and Eurotubes but have not made contact yet. Can any of you suggest what package to order from Eurotubes for wanting a really punchy, tight sound? My band plays really aggressive post punk/hardcore.

Thanks in advance

I would go with the normal Recto retube kit, tell him you want the tubes so they run hot in your amp so the bias is where it should be.

I got the 6l6's that can be run in EL34 mode, although it sounds good, i think it lacks a little bass that the 6l6's normaly have. I would just get a pair you can run in 6l6 mode but so they run hotter then boogie tubes.

I just usually order mine online from him and put in the comments what i want.

MiSeRY said:
So I want to go with JJ tubes and I tried to get ahold of Bob and Eurotubes but have not made contact yet. Can any of you suggest what package to order from Eurotubes for wanting a really punchy, tight sound? My band plays really aggressive post punk/hardcore.

Thanks in advance

try this....

JJ 6L6 tubes for the power amp
JJ GZ34 tubes to replace the 5U4GB rectifier tubes (this makes a BIG difference in tightness)
and i'd even recommend the JJ 12AX7 high gain preamp kit.

i use this setup and i love it for metal.

thanks for the replies fellas. i stopped using the "Silicone Diodes" awhile back b/c I had a couple people tell me that they pretty much sucked and to just use the vacuum tube setting. Do the 5U4's really make that much difference?

Dont listen to what people tell you. Tone is in the persons ears and if you prefer the silcone diodes then play them.

As to the difference, silicone diodes will be alot tigther and great for palm muting, where the tubes will actually be more saggy which you are trying not to get.

MiSeRY said:
thanks for the replies fellas. i stopped using the "Silicone Diodes" awhile back b/c I had a couple people tell me that they pretty much sucked and to just use the vacuum tube setting. Do the 5U4's really make that much difference?

Back