''Rate your boogie''

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sean106alcon said:
Mark V: 9 (Would be a 10 if they have the ability to change modes on the pedal or 1 more channel with the IV and IIC+ on a different channels and wish it had a Midi option for changing channels and modes...which would have been cool) Sounds silly I almost feel like getting another one so I can switch between amps using one with the IV and one with IIC+ set plus other modes on the other channels.

They could even have made the MKV with 4 channels and 2 modes each. Sh!t can he Edge mode and then we could have 4 on the footswitch ready. You could always pay someone to wire that one 3 way toggle on ch 3 down to a footswitch or to a midi jack. Would be a killer mod.

Heritage Softail said:
sean106alcon said:
Mark V: 9 (Would be a 10 if they have the ability to change modes on the pedal or 1 more channel with the IV and IIC+ on a different channels and wish it had a Midi option for changing channels and modes...which would have been cool) Sounds silly I almost feel like getting another one so I can switch between amps using one with the IV and one with IIC+ set plus other modes on the other channels.

They could even have made the MKV with 4 channels and 2 modes each. Sh!t can he Edge mode and then we could have 4 on the footswitch ready. You could always pay someone to wire that one 3 way toggle on ch 3 down to a footswitch or to a midi jack. Would be a killer mod.

Yeah that would be sick man. But I don't want to void the warranty as in the past with the recto's I had an issue here and there and Boogie responded well and fixed any issues I had.

Amps I've had:
Mark IIB head - 8.5/10, and I had just about dialed in what I wanted when someone stole it in 1983.
Mark III combo - 8.5/10. Great amp.
Subway Rocket combo - 7/10. Okay, but maybe I don't like a single 10" speaker.
5:25 Express combo - 7/10. I really don't like a single 10" speaker.
Stiletto Ace combo - 8/10. Tried to like it, but it just didn't work out. We're still friends.

Amps I have:
Lonestar Classic combo - 9.5/10 - practically perfect for what it does.
Lonestar Special combo - 9.5/10 - after I put in a Celestion Gold. Again, practically perfect for what it does.
Mark V Head - 9/10. Still learning, still tweaking after 4 months.

In order of which I've owned them and some details of my experiences with them:

Rectifier Recording Pre:
Bought it because I was doing a lot of direct recording at the time. I tried it on it's own direct into my Maudio FireWire 410 (which sounded terrible), and then I paired it with a VHT 2:50:2 (god I miss that poweramp!), into a Palmer speaker simulator. That was better sounding, but the Pre really did nothing for me. It was gone within a month.
Rating: 2/10

Road King Series II:
My first head, it sounded amazing! Total flexibility, I had just about every tone needed...everything but the tight, focus of a Mark series, which is what I had been hunting for...loved the RK's options, didn't like the Recto bass.
Rating: 9/10

Mark V:
I went from a great amp, to THE amp. I will probably not sell this amp, no matter what. Well, that is unless they improve on it with a B version.
Rating: 10/10

Latest posts

Back