Ran upon something of interest...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trace

Reaction score
I'm viewing some local listings and ran into a guy selling a 1981 Mark IIC or IIB. He isn't sure because he doesn't know what the difference is. The thing I'm dying to know is: Can the C/B be upgraded to the IIC+ still? If so, how much vaguely is it to do this? Do I need to look for any specific serial numbers to make sure what it is? I'm vaguely familiar with the IIC+, and if this can be converted, then it's a steal. Help would be greatly appreciated.

The last I heard, they will still turn a C in to a C+ but will not for a B. I don't know how much it costs. I would definitely listen to a C to make damned sure I didn't like it just the way it is. C's have a great sound too and it is possible you would like it as much or better. I have heard some great C's.

Yeah, definitely. Either way, the amp I'm looking to buy is a reallly reallllllly good deal. So, I'd just prefer some info about the serial numbers if anyone's got it. :wink:

What's the serial?

I believe the C->C+ mod costs $250, not entirely sure though.

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/welcome.html Check this site you may get some definative answer here,but I think if it is an '81 it would be a IIB.

Yikes. He gave me the serials and confirmed it to be a IIB. Ahh, oh well. Thanks anyways guys.

Trace said:
Yikes. He gave me the serials and confirmed it to be a IIB. Ahh, oh well. Thanks anyways guys.
Brad Gillis used 2 MKII's separated by a stereo chorus on "Speak of the Devil". Killer tone.

Trace said:
Brad Gillis used 2 MKIIB's separated by a stereo chorus on "Speak of the Devil". Killer tone.

gts said:
Fxrs said:
Trace said:
Brad Gillis used 2 MKIIB's separated by a stereo chorus on "Speak of the Devil". Killer tone.

A Stereo post!!
Sorry, the board was very slow this morning(or my comp. at work was) :oops:

Dont be discouraged because it is not a C+,the IIB is a fine amp in its own right.Depending on your style,the IIB may be just what you need.I have a IIC+,I am not into metal or have a need for the ultra high gain all the time,and if I happened to buy a IIB when I got the C+,I am sure it would fit just fine.

themisfit138 Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:00 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is a IIB good for metal, or is lower gain?

From what I've read, the B is lower gain, and is probably not a good choice for metal without a pedal.

Latest posts

Back