racktifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boss4

Reaction score
Hi there.For sometime i hear the dual rectifiers 2 channels are way better than the 3 channels.I own a 3 channel and the only thing I can complain is some lack of sustain.The notes seems to end to quickly (especially/only on solos) - even with different guitars and several pickups.My cabinet is a standard mesa 4x12.Maibe my tube configuration? (the original set is 6l6);I use bold/silicon.I use a boss turbo overdrive to put some sustain and it compresses a bit the notes and give it some digital sustain but with tube body.It works pretty well.But recently someone told me that the rackmount version is even better than the head version.Is this true?

I have heard that the 3 channel Dual recs have way better clean channels on them vs. the 2 channel. I have owned two Dual Rec 2 channels, a 94 and a 96. I loved the cloaking option and the drive channel was awesome. BUT the clean was never clean enough for me no matter what I did. There was always a hint of grit in it on both of them. I sold them both and moved on to the Road King and the Mark III.
If you have another amo (ie: Fender Deluxe, Vox AC30, etc.) that does excellent cleans and want to run a dual amp setup a Dual Rec is a great amp for that "tone". As far as the Dual Rec rack I tried one side by side with my '94 through a 1x12, 2x12 and 4x12 cab setup and honestly could not tell the difference. It might have been my ears I don't know. I had heard the same thing that a Dual Rack was "IT" as far as the amp to own for that tone. I personally don't believe it.

Kev

thanks for the information.yeah,the clean channel from my dual rec is quite allright,with a good selection of guitar or pickup the clean sound is ok.I also had a line 6 flextone duo whitch i used for the cleans and mostly rotary and flanger effects.with a line selector pedal was easy to choose between both amps.but when I got the effects in pedals,the line 6 became useless cause the recto clean channel handle it pretty well.In case you know someone who have a RACKtifier to sell let me know.by the way how is your road king?sometimes when the extras are to many (the road king have options that never ends) the tone gets compromised.the 6l6's with the el34's working together (in the 4 channel, modern)its that different from the dual recto solo head 3 channel modern?

Latest posts

Back