Racks on Cabs.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mARKw

Reaction score
I got my JMP1 and 2:90 back from the shop. The Jmp1 needed a little re-wiring and the 2:90 needed a new 12ax7. The repair guy says that it could have blown cause I sit my rack on my 2x12 and the vibrations aren't good....

What do you guys do - use a stand? foam? put the rack on the floor beside the speakers?

I have 6U rack. At the moment it has a 2:90, jmp1 and a dsp16 (for delays). I eventually want to take out the dsp16 and put in a multi fx and a power conditioner. It will sort of be like eecamichaels http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7985 without the triaxis for now. It's pretty heavy already though. Does anyone have any tips for moving heavy rack cases? I'm not sure if the wheels on my 2x12 will handle the extra weight... Anyway, sorry for getting off topic I really wanted to know where you place your racks !!

Cheers
Mark

durring a live show? behind my cab..durring practice i put my rack either on top of my cab and my head on top of that or i put my head on my cab and my rack on the ground....

as for wheels.. i just suck it up and carry it .. but if you need wheels buy some at your local harware store and throw em on.

I've sat my racks on my 2X12 and 4X12 cabs, all with casters, for years and haven't had any problems. I've used anvil, calzone, and most recently SKB racks. All of them are plain with no shock mounts or anything. I just switched to the SKB with rollers to make moving it easier.
8)

Cool. I have only just put a set of casters on my 2x12. The tube blew before I had them on. Maybe they will reduce vibratrions coming through the unit - especially the bass frequencies.

Back