Rackmounting Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camsna

Reaction score
Is the rack kit universal? Will it work with any Mk series shorthead? Or are there different ones? Thanks!!!

I know that they will fit the Mark III and Mark IV's short heads because I have converted those myself with the rack mount kit over the years (and any day will convert another Mark IV once Mesa decides to ship the GD rack mount kit... it has been over two weeks and they had one in stock!!).

But I digest... I want to say that it will fit the Mark I and Mark II's as well, but I am not 100% positive... maybe about 99%, but I don't want to be responsible ;-).

it will work for the II, III and IV short heads. the mark I is a bit wider than the others, so it won't work for them.

camsna said:
Is the rack kit universal? Will it work with any Mk series shorthead? Or are there different ones? Thanks!!!

Yes. It is head cabs where the MKI/II vs MKIII-IV differ ...not in width of chassis or fit (all short chassis are same width), but in mounting screw-hole alignment. The Mesa rackmount kit, however, has two different sets of holes to accomodate both the early and late Mark screw-hole placement.

Edward

First, I did mean digress, but it was a joke. Oh nevermind ;-)

Second, I got my rackmount adaptor for my Mark IV yesterday. I had a heck of a time fitting it in there. I eventually got it in, but it seemed a lot more difficult than previous conversions.

Latest posts

Back