Rackmount Dual Rec/Eurotubes Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terje79

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to re tube my rackmount dual rectifier. I was looking to get one of the kits from eurotubes. I was looking at the Mesa Dual Rec Integrated Quad standard Retube with KT88's and KT66's. I dont know if the Kt88's will fit into the recto rack, the one above says it wont fit but it doesnt say anything in this description. I play metalcore music and is there something else you would recommend instead? Thanks.

Terje79 said:
Hello,

I'm looking to re tube my rackmount dual rectifier. I was looking to get one of the kits from eurotubes. I was looking at the Mesa Dual Rec Integrated Quad standard Retube with KT88's and KT66's. I dont know if the Kt88's will fit into the recto rack, the one above says it wont fit but it doesnt say anything in this description. I play metalcore music and is there something else you would recommend instead? Thanks.

hey bro
im going through the same thing.

the site says the KT88s wont fit,
i assume it is the height?
what if i remove the top of the metal casing?
if that works i can leave an empty rack space above it when in the rack
maybe put a blank plate in between it and whatever is above?
unless it is the diameter that wont fit..

To the Top!

i was lookin at the same kit but it fits in mine :D i would call up bob hes the best person to ask bein that he messes with those amps all the time otherwise its just a wasted investment :lol:

well after reading all that ****,
i decided i wanted two kt88s with two kt66s
well the rackto will not fit either tube,
its a diameter thing, not height.
its just not going to happen.

i was just going to get 6L6s since they are stock,
and then maybe E34L with or after

but my final answer is the kt77
i think they will arrive after the lundgren m7
i will let you know how they sound to me when i get them.

Just call Dougs Tubes... He's got all sorts of tubes and can point you in the direction you want to go. I've never had any luck with JJ tubes and wouldn't buy from Eurotubes based on a phone call I placed a while back looking for info.

Doug's the man. His prices are fair, he's very knowledgeable and he's totally into customer service.

i already ordered pre, power and rect from eurotubes
another bad purchase?
im reading they are not the place to get a pre section from =\

some time when i have nothing else to do i may goto doug for a different pre section. why am i the only one on this board without a tung-sol in V1?

i didnt like how i was very f*cking specific with eurotubes about how i am going to use the amp,
but i got a copy and paste response.

I ALREADY SAID I DONT GIVE A RATS *** ABOUT THE CLEAN WHY WOULD YOU KEEP TELLING ME ABOUT HOW THESE TUBES WE ARE TALKING ABOUT APPLY TO A SOUND THAT I WILL NEVER EVER USE?!!!

i want to know how it will sound when i am playing Thus Spake The Nightspirit!!!

next time..

Back