Rack setup question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lttoler

Reaction score
I am just starting out with racks and I have a few questions. I have a Furman Power conditioner, Mesa 20/20 power amp, Mesa Formula Preamp, and a Peavey Rockmaster Preamp. Is there anyway I can set these preamps up to be controlled by a MIDI ground control? If so what is a good, affordable unit? Thanks!

Both preamps use short-to ground switching, so they can't be controlled directly by MIDI. You'll either have to get a MIDI controller with built-in relays, or a MIDI-controlled dedicated relay box, like the Axcess CFX-4 or Nobels MS-4.

Would I be able to control them with a TC Electronics G Major. Someone told me that they control theirs with one of those.

lttoler said:
Would I be able to control them with a TC Electronics G Major. Someone told me that they control theirs with one of those.

Yes, you can use the G-major, but you will be quite limited, because the G-Major has only 1 switcking relay. It all depends on how much switching you will be doing and how you want your setup to work.

You should defintely take a look at a dedicated switching system, e.g. Voodoolab GCX or the ones sixtonoize mentioned.

Back