Rack Mount Kit for Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying the rack mount kit for my Mark IV short head, and I was just wondering if pulling the amp out and putting it in the conversion kit is simple enough that it's something that I could do...or do I need to take it to a tech?

Thanks

IMAG0044.jpg

Nitrobattery

It's pretty simple to do.
1. Remove the tubes first so as to not damage them during the move.
2. Disconnect the fan and the reverb and remove the 4 screws on top, the amp should come right out of the cabinet.
3. Remove the fan from the cabinet and re-mount it to the front of the rack mount kit.
4. Slide in the amp into the rack mount kit and the 4 screws should line up in the same place as they did in the cabinet.
5. That should be it, put it into the rack and put the tubes back in.

The reverb needs to be mounted somewhere in the rack, close enough to re-attach the reverb cables. Unless you do what I did, use a digital reverb instead. You can just leave the reverb pan in the cabinet then.

By the way... I have an old rack mount kit that I used with my Mark III that I'm not using anymore. I put the Mark III into an Imbuya Hardwood cabinet and bought a Triaxis/Simul2:90 to go in the rack.
I'm 99% sure it will fit your Mark IV, make me an offer for it and I can get it out of my garage.

chedgeco... 8)

Nitrobattery,

Check here for high res pics:

http://www.sleepyhedgehogpress.com/Music/RackAdapter/RackAdapterFront.jpg

http://www.sleepyhedgehogpress.com/Music/RackAdapter/RackAdapterBack.jpg

chedgeco... 8)

Nitrobattery,

Just to give you an idea of what Boogie charges for these things new.

http://store.yahoo.com/mesa/cbrackitnof.html

chedgeco... 8)

chedgeco said:
The reverb needs to be mounted somewhere in the rack, close enough to re-attach the reverb cables. Unless you do what I did, use a digital reverb instead. You can just leave the reverb pan in the cabinet then.

What If I want the mesa reverb? Where can i put it and how?

NitroBattery,

I think $100.00 plus shipping is fair.

Grandor,

Just screw it to the bottom of the rack, close enough to the Amp to attach the reverb cables.

chedgeco... 8)

chedgeco said:
NitroBattery,

Grandor,

Just screw it to the bottom of the rack, close enough to the Amp to attach the reverb cables.

chedgeco... 8)

thanks for posting the pics, but i think i'll pass. for another $65 i can get it brand new.

thanks though.

mervgriffen,

Yea... another Mesa great idea. Before I got my Triaxis and Simul 2:90, having my Mark III in the rack made things so much cleaner and easier to setup.

I now use the Mark III as my grab and go combo for reheasals and small gigs. Sessions or 100+ people gigs get assaulted with the Triaxis/Simul2:90 though. That's always fun.

chedgeco... 8)

Nitrobattery said:
chedgeco said:
NitroBattery,

Grandor,

chedgeco... 8)

thanks for posting the pics, but i think i'll pass. for another $65 i can get it brand new.

thanks though.

There is a guy a 20 minutes away from me selling his rackmount kit for $45... I was thinking of buying it as a backup :)

i find the rackmount heads to be a real pain in the A$$. wait never mind, it's the 12 space shock rack that's the pain in the A$$. :shock:

Actually, I find hauling around a 6 space regular rack and a 2X12 a pain sometimes......I'm looking around for a empty combo cab right now.

I'm seriously considering getting a rack mount kit but I just like the vibe of a head.

However with a rackmount kit I would be able to throw in a Furman and a G-major perhaps.

Does it becomes a 2sp or 3sp?

I believe it's neither... I think I recall it being a four space.

I had the Mark III, two Quadraverbs, and a Midi Matrix and my 8 space rack was full. The quads were one space and the Matrix was two, hence the Mark III must have been four.

chedgeco... 8)

just got a short chassis mkiv and bought a Mesa rack kit. may have questions for you guys

Latest posts

Back