Rack Gear Routing Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prm2770

Reaction score
So Im pretty new to the rack setup. I currently have

Mark iva-Furman 31 bang graphic eq -Gmajor 2-korg dtr1000 tuner-Mark iv

Right now i have them all hooked up in a chain in the loop. i find that if i engage the bypass on the EQ my volume dies and if you have the output gain just barely too low it sounds like the amp is underwater.

Anybody have an alternate routing suggestion? Im thinking about putting the EQ in front of the pre so that I get it all the time, loop or no loop. And in the past I have had the dtr1000 in the record out for silent tuning. But doing it this way makes for a mess of cables. Im a noob at this stuff so help me out please.

Thanks

This is just my opinion but personally I wouldn't have the 31 band EQ or the Tuner in there.

I like to keep things simple. I would just have the G-major and that's it. Your amp has the EQ's on the channels, the built in Graphic EQ, and your G-major has a 3 band Parametric EQ. It also has a tuner on it too.

Also if you put the Graphic EQ in front of the amp it will react differently than in the loop. It starts to act more like a boost in front of the amp.

I have considered the redundancy of the tuner and eq myself. I'll be honest the main reason for hooking them up was vanity...didn't like seeing an empty rack and they were just sittin around lol.

Back