Quick volume question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjblacksheep

Reaction score
Mesa Mark III. If you are playing at less than club volume jamming w/ friends for instance........on the Lead channel........would it make a difference in tube tone if you crank the Master (by crank I mean 3-4) but keep the Lead Master very low (like on 1) or keep the Master low and crank the Lead Master????????

it's all in the ears. for me, it's a fine balance between the two at lower volumes.

When playing at lower volumes I usually use the channel master higher than I would at jamming/gigging volumes.

Ok, thanks. I'll have to a/b it a bit but I was thinking it sounded better w/ the Master high and the Lead Master lower than vice versa.

I go with a higher Lead Master myself...

Lead Master: 2.5
Master: 1.5

And keep that sort of ratio and turn up from there until it's to your liking. I also like to pull everything accept the Bass control at lower settings, not sure if it pushes the tubes harder but it gives me that little extra gain or grit that I get from cranking it, but with out cranking it.

Not 100% the same as a cranked Mark amp but does satisfy the hunger that's for sure!

on the IV, most people like to turn the master output a little higher then the channel volumes, including myself..not sure if its the same on the III, but ya for gigging, my main ouput is 3, and channel volumes vary from 1.8 to 2.5

Latest posts

Back