Questions Questions Questions (Triple Rectifier)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gothenburg

Reaction score
Hey guys. As you know I bought a Triple Rectifier a couple weeks ago along with a Recto cab. I have a bunch of newbie questions for you guys.

1) Silicon Diodes - When switched to solid state I was wondering if there is any use on the tubes at all.

2) Volumes - What volume do you guys feel the triple needs to be set at if I have a fairly mid level gain (12 oclock to 1oclock)? I was chatting with the guitarist in Killswitch Engage (who uses a Triple Rec) and he told me he sets the master (channel) volumes low and keeps the output (global) volume high.

his settings are:

presence: 9 oclock
gain: 1 oclock
bass: 3 oclock
mid: 11 oclock
treble: 11 oclock

Was wondering if you guys could share some of your favourite settings as well. Thanks guys.

to when you use the silicon there is no use on the Three Rec Tubes, you can actually take them out if you want. However if you accidently switch into recto tube you are gonna blow a fuse or maybe more. I see no reason to really take them out.

The guy from Killswitch EQ's his amp pretty good and yes i find it better to have the global higher and then adjust each channel with the channel master.

gothenburg said:
Hey guys. As you know I bought a Triple Rectifier a couple weeks ago along with a Recto cab. I have a bunch of newbie questions for you guys.

1) Silicon Diodes - When switched to solid state I was wondering if there is any use on the tubes at all.

2) Volumes - What volume do you guys feel the triple needs to be set at if I have a fairly mid level gain (12 oclock to 1oclock)? I was chatting with the guitarist in Killswitch Engage (who uses a Triple Rec) and he told me he sets the master (channel) volumes low and keeps the output (global) volume high.

his settings are:

presence: 9 oclock
gain: 1 oclock
bass: 3 oclock
mid: 11 oclock
treble: 11 oclock

Was wondering if you guys could share some of your favourite settings as well. Thanks guys.

thanks for the response. to add to my question i meant to say how much volume do you think is neccessairy (at a mid distortion setting on modern (channel 3)) to get the tubes to saturate properly.

thanks.

Howdy. Here's a unique setting similar to what I posted in another thread, but here are the actual
values I use.

In Raw mode turn the output all the way up. Turn the gain as far down as it will go while still
producing a suitable volume of sound. Set the tone controls like this:

Treble 4:00
Mid 1:00
Bass 11:00
Presence 1:00

Playing single notes with low to medium power should give you a very thick but relatively clean
tone. A beautiful light gain halo kind of surrounds the attack of the notes. As you play with more
power or use double stops or chords you'll bring in distortion but not an obnoxious distortion.

You can add gain and concurrently drop the output level to taste from there. This setting
sounds wonderful with an open back cabinet and brings in a strong vintage character.

Latest posts

Back