Questions on New Stiletto Ace

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouisBC82

Reaction score
I bought a Stiletto ace combo at guitar center. I have two questions about the foot pedal. Did MESA supply a cord with the foot pedal? and do the diodes on the pedal light up when activated?

Appreciate the help.

LouisBC82 said:
I bought a Stiletto ace combo at guitar center. I have two questions about the foot pedal. Did MESA supply a cord with the foot pedal? and do the diodes on the pedal light up when activated?

Appreciate the help.

Yes, the amp should have come with a small right angled cable for the footswitch. The diodes on the pedal light up red on channel 2, nothing for channel 1.

I haven't seen one yet at our local Guitar Center, and I keep looking for one to show up on display eventually!

Congrats to all that found and brought one home!

-Gary K

Cyansickle & Platypus,

Thanks for the replies. I went back to Guitar Center and while they couldn't find the cord the amp was supposed to come with, they gave me a fiteen foot decent quality cord with straight ended plugs.

The channel selector diode lights up as it is supposed to. What about the solo boost? I really haven't read the manual yet.

I like the control on this amp so far, especially the tones I can get at lower volume levels as well as higher.

Louis

LouisBC82 said:
Cyansickle & Platypus,

Thanks for the replies. I went back to Guitar Center and while they couldn't find the cord the amp was supposed to come with, they gave me a fiteen foot decent quality cord with straight ended plugs.

The channel selector diode lights up as it is supposed to. What about the solo boost? I really haven't read the manual yet.

I like the control on this amp so far, especially the tones I can get at lower volume levels as well as higher.

Louis

congrats on getting the ace!

the solo boost doesnt work unless u engage the effects loop switch in the back of the amp. in bypass mode, the master volume and solo boost doesnt work

Flip that switch, man! That Solo Boost function really works great. It's perfect for upping the volume and adding punch, without any additional distortion. Not many pedals can offer that!

LouisBC82 said:

Appreciate the help.

Yes you get a cord and there should be bag for the footpedal, slip cover for the amp, a binder that contains a catalog, the manual, warranty info, etc...

That's one thing I hate about GC. Unless you order something new in the box there are always things missing. That said, congrats and enjoy the amp!

The cord they supplied you is probably just a standard cord.You would need a cord with a split input,because its switching 2 different relays.It may work the channels but not the boost,or vice versa.They should order you one or it may just take a little searching in the stock room.
Congrats on the Ace man,I'm lovin my Duece so far.

SoCalSteve said:
That's one thing I hate about GC. Unless you order something new in the box there are always things missing. That said, congrats and enjoy the amp!

+1

I went back to my GC and picked up all of the documentation. They gave me the wrong cover and I told them I already had a cable for the footswitch. I'll just order a cover from Mesa this week, they were closed last week for the holidays. I'm tired of running back and forth to GC.

I'll definitely mention this when I fill out the warranty questionaire. Still loving the amp though!!!!

fred

Midrangegood!

Thanks for the tip. I was playing around last night and could not get the boost to work with the substitute cable they gave me. I called them back after reading your post and they promised to remedy the issue.

You saved me another post about how to get the boost to work.

Well, can't wait t for work to finish so I can drive to Guitar center once again.

Louis

fbomb said:
hey fsmith,how do u like your Avatar speak cab? i just ordered the same one u have,for my Deuce.

I love it. I ordered it with the green tolex and wheat grill to match my Ace. It sounds great cranked or at bedroom levels with the hotplate in line. Definitely a good deal on a 2x12 cab. They shipped it right out too, I had it in less than a week to the east coast. If and when I'm in the market for another cab, I will go back there again, they are good people.

fred

great,i cant wait to get mine,maybe by friday or early next week.i ordered the vintage cab,blk tolex,wheat grill.by the way,how do u use your hotplate?i know how to hook it up,but what do u do, set amp while cranked,then attenuate down to desired level? have any good settings for channel 2?

thanx mike

Mike,
With the hotplate, I usually set the amp up so that I'm driving the preamp and then if I really want bedroom levels, I set it at 16dB and wind it down until I can hear the TV in the next room and still have great overdriven tone right in my face without making the hairs on my arm move...

I only use the 16dB level in that situation. Otherwise I just play around with the different db levels so that I don't disturb the neighbors.

I really think the $300 or so I spent on the hotplate was money well spent.

Oh yeah mine is the premium version Avatar cab. I just noticed that they are offering really nice wood cabinets now...

As far as good channel 2 settings, to be honest, I'm still in the honeymoon / tweaking period. I really haven't found any bad tones, but I want to play with it a little more before I start recommending certain settings. There's so many little tweaks with this amp, it's really incredible.

take care,
fred

great advice

i just realised my mesa ace head has the wrong cable also. its been sitting in my bedroom for a month unplayed (for shame). im waiting on a handbuilt speaker cabinet.

i bought my head used (1 month old) from the local store. i rang them up to varify the cable. they confirmed it and said theyd order one in, in the meantime they offered me one off the deuce they had on the floor. good service!

i payed AUS$2900 but they go for $4400 new here, import duties must be ridiculous. its the only head ive seen here in the green and gold combo colours.

how much are they in the US?

Everything works as is should. Guitar Center couldn't find the cord that came with my amp, but gave me one off a Lonestar Classic. The channels change and the solo boost kick in. All the diodes light up.

Thanks for the help.

Louis

why are the aces so rare in stores?? the other models are always in stock?

the local g.c. said i could only special order one?

Back