Questions about the roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sbhood said:
Follow-up question:

For those of you who use the f/x loop:

do you keep it engaged all the time, or do you engage it only when you also engage a particular effect?

I'm using a gcx with an Eclipse in the loop and the choice I'm facing is whether to keep the loop engaged and bring in (via a ground control pro) the eventide, or whether to program the gcx to engage the loop and the Eventide at the same time. I'm using an rjm mini amp gizmo to switch channels on my Roadster.

I'm having a difficult time coming up with the ideal setup for my rig. I have an Ibanez ts808hw, decimator g string, swollen pickle fuzz box in front of the amp, and then the Eventide which I'd like to use for time based fx in the loop. I know it is not, in the grand scheme of what's possible, a complicated rig, but it is proving complicated for me (with all the midi and whatnot).

-Brian

Keep in mind that bypassing the loop on the individual channels or via the footswitch is not the same as hard bypassing the loop on the amplifier. To me, the difference between bypassing the loop (NOT hard-bypassing) is barely noticable at worst and non-existent at best (hard-bypassing is another story, IMO). If I were you, I would leave it engaged all of the time, at least at gigging volumes, where the difference will be least noticable.

I have been playing with the loop hard wire bypassed for about a week now. Yesterday I switch the loop back on and definitely noticed the difference! But I agree it would be hard to pick out the hard wire bypassed amp in an A/B test at stage volume.

This really is an awesome amp!!! :D

Back