Questions about Maverick

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitardog

Reaction score
I'm looking around for a new amp, not really looking to do anything drastic at the moment, but ran into this tonight and it has peaked my curiousity...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mav...ryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

anyway, just a little about me, I typically play in southern rock/roots rock/jam band/blues style bands (Gov't Mule, Sister Hazel, OAR, Allman Brothers, Skynyrd) , and am right now running a Twin Reverb Reissue (LOVE the cleans) with a couple different overdrives in front of it to dirty it up a bit. Im content with the tone I get with it, but for some reason I feel it lacks consistency. Everytime I turn it on or move it I feel something isn't right and have to tweak it. Also, I play a Gibson LP Custom Shop with 57 classics, and a semi-hollow Fender Amer. Tele (stock pu's)

I was wondering what you guys though of this amp for such a band situation? Or would I be better off with something like the Lonestar? Sounds to me like the Maverick would be great for a lot of situations, but for the blues (my fave) the Lonestar may be a better choice. I know that I need to try them myself, but will have the drive a couple of hours to try just the Lonestar, as Mavericks are hard to come by.

Second, what kind of cabinet would you recommend with a maverick head? I was thinking about a 3/4 back 2x12 but wondering what you thought.

Also, do you guys know if there is anywhere on the net that I could possibly find sound clips for the Maverick and LoneStar?

Sorry about the long post, but uber-thanks for your input.

just thought I'd add too, I'm looking for a Warren Haynes-ish lead tone...

thanks again

Back