Question: Which amp stand to buy for LSS and LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoBull

Reaction score
I have both Lone Stars. I have been putting them on the floor at some gigs and this doesn't work out well. I'm not hearing things right. What stand does anybody recommend? Critieria:

-Adjustable enough to get the amp into a good position
-Sturdy enough to safely hold an LSC 2x12
-Sized (or adjustable enough) so that I can put either 1x12 LSS or 2x12 LSC on the stand without taking casters off (although I guess they might rattle.
-Portable

Thanks, as always

The Ultimate Amp Stand (Can't remember the model number) is rated for 75 pounds and is very portable. I used this stand when I had my DC-5. You can leave your casters on your amp using this stand. The angle of kick back is adjustable.
I would still own it except I sold my combo and now have a head/cab.

TW

If that 2 x 12 lone star is hard wood, i dunno that i would feel comfortable with a stand rated at 75lbs. I have a bubinga 2 x12 LSC and it weigh's roughly 94 lbs. Not sure how much less a non hard wood 2x12 weighs. But ya might wanna check before buying that stand.

Hi. I've used a Stagg stand for years:

http://www.airportmusic.com/stands_guitar_amp.htm

At one point, it was supporting a Roland VGA7 which is 83lb in weight. The only problem I had was lifting the thing on and off the stand.

I bought the OnStage RS7000 Amp stand about a year ago from GC, and after doing so, did some research on it (I know, I did these steps in the wrong order). I found a lot of people complaining that the stand would actually break, so being the paranoid person that I can be, I stopped using mine for my amp, and I just have a rack case on it now. Just my 2 cents.

I use the OnStage. It's rated for 150# and I like the angle the amp sits at.

The supports fit between the caster brackets on the bottom, so I imagine it would work with or without casters (mine are off).

Mine is very stable with the LSS on it. I also use one for my Mark IV which is less of an issue as it is narrower if not lighter as well. They are only about $50 so I would imagine if you are constantly moving it about the stand may get wobbly over time. I have had no issue with mine in constant home studio use.

Probably the best way to go for real gigging is a road case with casters and the amp strapped to the bottom plate. Something around $300 to get that setup.

I us this with my LSC 2007 2x12 with no problems.

http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=212&sName=BS-317

I think you loose a little of the bass response with an amp stand.I bought an amp stand used it about three times then planed down a chunk of wood and used that. Not the best for small stages sometimes you can feel it through your feet - this I love. I have the classic and I agree you don't get the miked sound unless the speakers are pointed at you. You could easily dial in too much treble. If it's not miked thats a different story.Ther are a lot of times in small venues I am not miked.

from my point of view the best amp stand you can find is the lonestar 2x12" cabinet in matching colours.

if thats too small go for the 4x10" - even thats too low? go for the 4x12"

or you go as crazy as me and use another lonestar under it ;-)

Latest posts

Back