Question TC Electronics Effects rack users

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the original Intellifex and in my opinion it sounds alot better than the Gmajor for its modulation effects. It is also a much more transparent unit that the Gmajor when running it in series. The Gforce {though I dont own one,but have had one on loan for about a month} sounds much better in series than both the Intellifex and the Gmajor{much more transparent}. I would agree with Scott about the other units you are looking at. I do agree with Fatboy that if you really want an opinion on which one to buy then it would depend on the amp your running it with.
Are you using a series or parallel loop or are you running a pre,power setup? if your playing super high gain stuff ya might not even notice the colorization of any of those units. Also,for what its worth, there are some players that actually LIKE the way their rig sounds with the extra color on the tone.To each his own. Good luck! :wink:

I have the original Intellifex and in my opinion it sounds alot better than the Gmajor for its modulation effects. It is also a much more transparent unit that the Gmajor when running it in series. The Gforce {though I dont own one,but have had one on loan for about a month} sounds much better in series than both the Intellifex and the Gmajor{much more transparent}. I would agree with Scott about the other units you are looking at. I do agree with Fatboy that if you really want an opinion on which one to buy then it would depend on the amp your running it with.

that could be a good conclusion for that funny topic :wink:
+1

fatboy135 said:

that could be a good conclusion for that funny topic :wink:
+1

Dude... do you ever stfu? it's like you want me to start something. Get over it, and stop talking about it

What would be a good FX rack unit mainly for delay, chorus and basic stuff like that (built in tuner would be handy) that doesn't suck tone like my GT-8 does (ADC & DAC is the problem here). I run a series FX loop and my gear is in the sig. I was looking at the G-Major as the G-Force is way to expensive for a handful of FX I want to use. I'm also not into having stompboxes all over the place, so I thought there must be a nice rack mount unit that can do what I'm after.

Ciao ...

fatboy135 said:
rocktron intellifex or a second hand gforce

I really agree with you BUT I have intellifex and xpression and they really sound the same.
If not I really dont believe that a human ear cant hear this difference !
xpression have more things and spillover is amazing on the stage.
luck

I had a look at the Rocktron Xpression on their website and it looks like what I'm after. Does it have a tuner? Does it suck tone? And is it happy to live in the FX loop? There was no mention of the Intellifex on the site that I saw.

Ciao ...

Storm said:
I had a look at the Rocktron Xpression on their website and it looks like what I'm after. Does it have a tuner? Does it suck tone? And is it happy to live in the FX loop? There was no mention of the Intellifex on the site that I saw.

Ciao ...

dude they stop intellifex in the 90 s .

Xpression in series not in the loop.
It doesnt suck your tone at all,at least my ears never notice a difference in the past 20 years using rocktron stuff.
No tuner.**** tuner iit is a cheap thing.
Xpression spillover.If you are usind a preset with delay or reverb,if change to preset without reverb or delay,reverb and delay from the first preset will finished what you have programmed.Translation =when you finished a solo with delay,when you change to a preset without delay,the delay from the solo will continue till finished what you have programmed in your solo preset.
Its amazing,live the delay and reverb arent cutted .
Amazing,**** tuner huahuauhauhuahuahuha

Can you put it in your FX loop though? I thought time based FX (chorus, flanger etc.) were better suited to be in the loop. It sounds like a quality unit, and yeah, tuners are cheap enough to buy seperately.

Ciao ...

if you looked at the site why dont you read about it there ??

I thought time based FX (chorus, flanger etc PLUS delay reverb hush spkr sim etc.
Not in the loop.
In the loop it will ruin your tone

Reading about it on a web site and actually getting information on the unit from someone that actually owns it are two different things. Besides, the site doesn't really have that much info on it anyway.
BTW, I live in Australia 8)

Ciao ...

So did you end up deciding what you wanted to buy? I'm in a similar boat to you atm. And I'm from Australia also :lol:

After talking to a few people and looking at reviews I went with getting the G-Major. It should arrive in a weeks time. I got it from the US as it's a **** ripoff here (like most things). The good thing is it runs on any voltage, so no transformers and stuff like that.

Ciao ...

Nice work. Let me know what you think of it once you've got it. Ebay or an online store?

I can't believe it, it arrived today. I've had a quick play around with it and it's a lot easier to get around that the Boss GT-8 I used to have. Also, it seems pretty transparent and it's easy to level match everything. The FX sound pretty tasty, but more on that later after a bit more of a fiddle.

Ciao ...

Cool. If you don't mind, could you pm me the seller and how much it cost you? That would be great.

One question which I can't find on their site. Is it able to route fx before AND after your preamp of choice (eg. Mesa Rec Studio Pre). I've got a feeling it can't because it seems the fx order is fixed.

If you could suss that, that would be cool!

The G-Major is designed to be in a series FX loop. It can't be split to work before and after the preamp like other FX processors out there. It has stereo (and mono) in and out, that's it.

Ciao ...

haha you got the G major after everyone saying the intelliflex supposidly sounds better and is cheaper and is transparent, good for you, I'm going to try to sell my G major soon, I can't stand the colour it adds, if you'd like some neat o settings, i have some, just PM me or add me to your msn if you have it, or aim, peace.

Latest posts

Back