Question regarding buying a Stiletto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyKE

Reaction score
Hello guys,
i am on the verge to buy me the Stiletto. Seems everything i am looking for in an amp.
The only thing i wondered is what to do if i get trouble with the amp. I want to order by Internet. Buying in a local shop would be extremely expensive compared to buy via Internet. I had to pay a lot more and would just get a showroom model. Would i buy the amp at a local store they said i just have 2 years warranty. So after all i can almost only see disadvantages when buying at the local dealer.
I am getting the Deuce because i heard the Deuce is less bright compared to the Ace head? Is that right, because i actually don`t need 100 Watt`s.
I am really excited to see how the Stiletto will compare to my Marshall JVM.

Thanks for every good tip :|

Andy

Dont know if the ace is MORE bright as aposed to having LESS lowend. Stilettos are awesome amps. Go for it

Herbvis said:
Got a stiletto for sale. 1200 and includes road case
great deal that's what I paid for mine as opposed to 2350 canadian new and I couldn't be happier with it.

AndyKE said:
Would i buy the amp at a local store they said i just have 2 years warranty.
Mesa is 5 year warrranty, no matter where you buy. The local dealer needs to wise up! 8)

I am getting the Deuce because i heard the Deuce is less bright compared to the Ace head? Is that right, because i actually don`t need 100 Watt`s.
I have the Ace and am very pleased, but more power means you can push more lows due to more headroom; how loud do you need it to be? Also the cab will make a big difference....your needs and ears have to decide here. :wink:

I am really excited to see how the Stiletto will compare to my Marshall JVM.
The Marshalls sound darker, IMHO, than the Stiletto (and Stilettos sound brighter). I also feel the Stiletto will give you more audible "punch" for lead playing, that cuts through the mix (kinda what Mesa is known for :wink: ).

When it comes down to construction and reliability, few modern amps can compare. :!:
And there are lots of Mesa service centers around. You may wish to locate one in your area first so you know where to go should you have a problem (unlikely, but possible).
Good luck! :D

Latest posts

Back