Question: Eurotubes for LSS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoBull

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a retube kit from Eurotubes for me LSS 1x12.
The tubes are listed here: https://ssl.eurotubes.com/cart/index.php?page=view_products&category_id=6&sub_category_id=138

Does anybody have opinions on Eurotubes in general?
On the Standard vs. High Gain vs. Gold kits?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I actually requested a high headroom set and Bob at eurotubes customed picked the tubes to accomplish that. The opposite of that could be early break up. A friend of mine got the high gain set for his tremoverb. They were so powerful and loud, he went back to a standard set. Call eurotubes and discuss your tone/vol needs. They'll accomodate.

If you're not too familiar w/ tubes then you can't go wrong getting a kits at EuT to start, but better result can be have if you mixed and matched instead of using the same brand/type through out. I've never bought a kits but I've bought a few tubes there to try.
IMHO for pre, gold pins are a waste of money. I'd go with 'standard' instead of high gain since you can always dial-in the gain knob, however you can't dial-out the high gain if you use the high gain tube. JJ tubes are fairly edgy and gainy anyway and for LSS you do need clean headroom.
BTW you can still get the NOS Tesla el84 for only a few bucks more than the JJ's, they are clearly superior in tone and durability.

Latest posts

Back