Question about vintage hardwood cab's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaypunch

Reaction score
I did a "hardwood" search but didn't find any info. on this topic. Is there a way to tell if an older amp with a hardwood cab. came that way? I know that replacement cab's are available so how do you know if the cabinet is original or the chassis was swapped?

I see some of the combo cab's have the cups on the top. When did they start using these. Would they date all the way back to MK I days?

Thanks.

The cups are SUS-4 Shock Mounts from about 1983. To determine if the cabinet is original it will have a date written in marker on the back panel and the type of wood. For example, Imbuya 11/84. A head however may not have a date. Get to know what a Boogie hardwood looks like so you can spot fakes. They have detailed dovetail joints, Howard Fans and oil rubbed finishes. I second chanced a hardwood headshell of E-Bay because people thought it was a fake. It was $ 300. The next week a similar shell went for $ 1000.

Back