question about Express 5:50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_maker

Reaction score
Hi,
first of all I am after an Express 5:50 Head. Taking a look at the Mesa website, I can see that the Express 5:50 has the same knobs for both channels, plus a DRIVE knob for the overdrive channel.
The question is: If I turned the Drive knob all the way to the left, would I have 2 completely clean channels? or with zero drive, that channel would be muted?
I am just working on my first pedal board and wish to use it on the "dirty" channel, keeping clean channel as is.
A friend has the Lone Star Special head that has this particular feature, so he uses 2 clean channels, one for his pedal board.
Any reply would be much appreciated. :roll:

If you turn the gain all the way down you get no sound at all. By the drive knob I'm guessing your talking about the gain knob. You can try using the blues mode on the second channel but its not 100% clean. It's a smart idea but may not be practical with this amp although the express eries is AMAZING. Good luck

PS, ti kanis :D

yes, I was talking about the Gain knob.
well, even the Blues mode with a little gain would do. I mean, it would NOT affect my drive pedals but a tiny bit I guess.
Thank you so much!

PS. I can see a bit of a Greek spirit there :D

I see....hmmm this could work but with the gain reduced on blues will give you a good clean sound.

However I noticed when having the blues mode clean it hasnt got as much bass as clean mode itself.

Id say go for it cuz when you turn that thing up the bass has to come down anyways on boogies, in order to cut the mix live!

GET IT LOL!!

J_maker,

You're not confusing a Lone Star or LSS controls with the Express, are you? The Express doesn't have that separate Drive knob. Except for the modes switches (Clean/Crunch for Ch. 1, Blues/Burn for Ch.2), the knobs for both Express channels are the same.

badjohnny said:
J_maker,

You're not confusing a Lone Star or LSS controls with the Express, are you? The Express doesn't have that separate Drive knob. Except for the modes switches (Clean/Crunch for Ch. 1, Blues/Burn for Ch.2), the knobs for both Express channels are the same.

I think hes saying he would like to use the clean/crunch channel for cleans untouched and then the blues/ burn channel with his pedal board. He would never need to switch from blues to burn with this set up because he will most likely have a distortion or OD pedal.

CORRECT! just like Slanderous666 said!
however I thought the express had the same knobs for both channels plus the gain knob for the Blues/Burn channel.
But anyway, my question has sure been answered.
Many thanks to you all !!! :D :D :D

Back