Quad vs Studio vs Triaxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dmt said:
I think my Simul-Satellites clean has to be better anyway. Its got a minimal preamp, and alot less curcuitry and gunk to get in the way. So I don't think that the Quad's Clean will make too big a difference. I can prolly EQ it out or match it anyway. Maybe it will be close idk.

That could be. All I know is the day I dialed in the Channel 1 clean, I thought it was the ultimate shimmering clean and nothing could top it. Then again, maybe I was eating paint chips that day.

dmt said:
Can I have those settings? Muy interested.

****. It's been in a closet for three years. I never use it now that I have the TriAxis. However, I can't part with it because I know it has that cherry tone...

Alright, just dug it out of the closet. Now my apartment's a mess. I don't know if the knobs are still the same, but they currently read:

Volume: 9 (pulled)
Treble: 7 (pulled)
Bass: 2 (pulled)
Middle: 4 (pulled)
Master: 4
Lead Drive: 5
Lead Master: 3.5 (pushed)

Like I said, I don't know if those are the correct settings.

One thing I learned with the Quad is that I needed to play through it for a while to really learn how to squeeze the tasty nectar from it. For example, some of my higher gain amps would almost play themselves, but were not as dynamic. Once I got a feel for the Quad, it was just so **** expressive.

Crap. Now that I'm looking at I'm gonna have to plug it in... ;)

Lopp said:
Volume: 9 (pulled)
Treble: 7 (pulled)
Bass: 2 (pulled)
Middle: 4 (pulled)
Master: 4
Lead Drive: 5
Lead Master: 3.5 (pushed)

Ok. Just dinked with it a bit. I thought that Volume setting was too high. Unless you want massive amounts of gain you can dial the Volume back to 7 or so.

These settings give you a real cutting searing lead. I'm going to have to dink with it more to be sure it's dialed in right. You can also experiment with Mesa's sample settings in the manual:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Quad%20Preamp.pdf

Cool thanks man. I will put them to good use. :p Now all I need a some extra money to buy a Quad. :p Soon, very soon. Christmas bonus I hope...it prolly wont be enough... I just bought a new guitar, so I'll need some time to save enough for a Quad.

Latest posts

Back