Quad preamp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MárioPereira

Reaction score
hello everybody, i'm new in this forum so be gentle :)
the question:
anyone have the quad preamp?
i bought mine last moth in ebay and i'm having lots of "problems" to find my tone... can you post the settings that you find for a good sound (any sound: clean, rock, metal, lead).
my guitars are: ibanez jem, peavey wolfgang, fender stratocaster (lite ash), washbun N2, epiphone lespaul (with emg 89 and 81).

tks
Mário

To begin with, go to the Mesa site and download the Quad's manual. Not 100% that there actually is one, so if there isn't, grab one of the Mark series manuals instead.

The manuals go through all of the controls, explaining how they affect the tone and the other controls, and also provide you with some suggestions for settings. A lot of manuals are useless, but the Mesa manuals are actually useful. :shock:

I agree with DNW. I did the same and have found some great settings. Also I'm always amazed at how interactive the controls are on any Mesa (Quad included) that I've owned.

Don't forget swapping around tubes can yield some great results. I've got JJ's, Mesa SPx and Mesa 12AX preamp tubes that I've been experimenting with. All yield different tones... very fun!

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Quad%20Preamp.pdf

There you have a very good start.
It's very hard to sugest settings to another guitarist since i don't know what sound you like. I have a quite "middy" sound that fits in the band i play in, and i'm pretty sure that you woldn't like it ;)

So get the manula above and get a clean start. (I love my quad)

Latest posts

Back