Quad Pre Comparison: 1D & 1E versions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up!
How do you know what version of Quad you have?
Serial number?
Is it on the circuit board?
I have one serial Q45X that's says 1988 on the reverb tank. It has a stamped serial number with a Q before the number.
The second one is 105X that says 1989 on the tank. It has some changes on the rear panel with some holes which are caped for where for the midi octopus and midi option would go mine does not have this option just the quarter inch jacks which s fine by me.
I had them both serviced at boogie recently and I asked if there's any differences between them, they said all the quads were basically the same aside from the reveb tank and primitive midi option.
They do however sound different to me as well which is interesting since I had them serviced at boogie and retubed as well so the differences as stated above must be inherent to to either design changes or small component variances

Hey dbone,

I think I saw it printed on the pcb when I last checked. I recall mine was a 1D version, built in 88.

Shane

Back