PSA: price increase Dec 1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyrexia

Reaction score
Hey everybody. I don't remember seeing a thread around here, but I have known for a while now that Mesa's pricing is going up on December 1. So if you are hemming and hawwing (or trying to get a christmas present?) you should go ahead and get'er'done.

phyrexia said:
Hey everybody. I don't remember seeing a thread around here, but I have known for a while now that Mesa's pricing is going up on December 1. So if you are hemming and hawwing (or trying to get a christmas present?) you should go ahead and get'er'done.
That's a good sales pitch, Victor. Some of us are trying to give you money, as we speak. :wink:

I hate sales hype like that. If the service ever stoops to that level, we're in trouble.

price increase blows, but maybe if they don't increase their prices, they might find a way to lower their costs, and that might not be the best either.

scott

Hey that is a ture rumor I was at my local music shop last week and the mesa rep there said the price's are going up in December,and I am not a salemen.

FXR said:
I hate sales hype like that. If the service ever stoops to that level, we're in trouble.

You are attacking me for posting this? I am not selling anything to anybody by means of this forum. I have NEVER spammed this place. Perhaps I am misunderstanding you. I hope so. I am just trying to help save some people money. People who I, with about four exceptions, have never met.

Anyway, prices have, in recent history anyway, gone up by $50 to $100. It has been a good while since Mesa prices have increased. I have not seen the new pricelist but I anticipate most things will go up $100. I think it has been 18 or 24 months since the last hike.

Who knows, if we're lucky there will be some new stuff on there :)

phyrexia said:
FXR said:

You are attacking me for posting this? I am not selling anything to anybody by means of this forum. I have NEVER spammed this place. Perhaps I am misunderstanding you. I hope so. I am just trying to help save some people money. People who I, with about four exceptions, have never met.

Anyway, prices have, in recent history anyway, gone up by $50 to $100. It has been a good while since Mesa prices have increased. I have not seen the new pricelist but I anticipate most things will go up $100. I think it has been 18 or 24 months since the last hike.

I attacked sales hype that states buy now before we raise the price. Now if you are the salesman, I guess you could say I attacked you. If you repeated a sales pitch, I have no clue as to why you think I attacked you.

You did misunderstand me.

I'm confused as to why you said, "I have NEVER spammed this place.". Are you or are you not a salesman? You wanted to have this conversation, what's your motivation, a hot tip or a sale? You seem to be playing both sides now and I find that offensive when you try to make me the bad guy for having an opinion about high pressure sales and not liking it.

I came here because I have a Mesa amp and want to network. I have nothing to sell. Who are you?

FXR said:
phyrexia said:
FXR said:

I attacked sales hype that states buy now before we raise the price. Now if you are the salesman, I guess you could say I attacked you. If you repeated a sales pitch, I have no clue as to why you think I attacked you.

You did misunderstand me.

I'm confused as to why you said, "I have NEVER spammed this place.". Are you or are you not a salesman? You wanted to have this conversation, what's your motivation, a hot tip or a sale? You seem to be playing both sides now and I find that offensive when you try to make me the bad guy for having an opinion about high pressure sales and not liking it.

I came here because I have a Mesa amp and want to network. I have nothing to sell. Who are you?
Phyrexia is a stand up dude,man-he is giving us all a legit head's up-Phyrexia is not employed by Mesa-he has helped me in many ways over the past few years...good enough for me to drive two hours down Little Talledega Superspeedway Highway in order to do bizness-he doesn't need me to answer for him, but those of us whoo have been on this board A WHILE know our boy,some personally-sure, he can be abrasive sometimes, but that is why we love him at the end of the day 8)
THANKS FOR THE HEAD'S UP, VIC!

Hey, I'm cool with that. But when called out on my opinion, I'm gonna reply. It was an attack of a tactic, not a person. Only one using the tactic would resent the opinion.

That said, I'm over it. Hell, abrasive is something I know well.

i'm not trying to hype anything. it just stands to reason to me that somebody would rather spend less money on a new amp than more money.
i can be a little touchy since there is so much hate for salesmen on the internets (i really try to be the good guy when i go to my job at a music store) and i guess it seemed at first like you were directing it at me but you were not.

FXR said:
Hell, abrasive is something I know well.
:lol: i think we are on the same page. 8)

Back