Processor for MarkIII

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerlord

Reaction score
Will i have any problems with an ADA MP-1 or a digitech 2101 on my amp?I have heard from others that these will not work well with the preamp section of my amp.I did a search and couldn't find much info about this subject.

Neither are made to go direct to your input. I bouht my ADA in 88 and tried going through the input of a 72 Mashall and it was horrible. You need a power amp to run the ADA and 2101. In later years when paralell loops became fashionable, I would run the ADA into the loop and use it as a power amp through the effects return. It was huge. You can run your through the series loop return to use your MK III as a power amp.
I never used a 2101. Everyone thought they were really bad sounding and muddy.

Hey thanks boogie.Ok I had a friend give me a digitech dSP16 today, I heard it on his MarkIII and was very impressed with it,but I forgot to have him show me how he had this hooked up,it isn't a tube preamp,how do I run this one here?Through the direct?Or the loop?I'm lost help me boogie! :)

Thanks again boogie.Got it hooked through the loop and it's incredible,i'm using a Keeley for distortion.I'm achieving amazing 80's razor lead sound with this!I love my power amp! :D

Back