Problems with effects loop.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strum40

Reaction score
Setup:

Can someone help????

AMP: New Triple Rectifier
Send from effects loop running into a Boss Tuner-Boss Phaser-Ibanez Chorus-Ibanez Delay
Return Running from delay pedal to amp.

Effects loop set to clean channel, so I don't have to hit two pedals when switching to distortion.

Problem: Sound level of effects varies from practice to practice, and usually sucks.
What should the level knobs on the back be set to?
Are my effects in the wrong order?
Am I just being an idiot?

I use the effects with distortion on some songs, and I don't want the volume to jump up when pressing FX on the ftswtch.

Thanks alot.

Theres guys with more effects loop experience than me, but i'll chuck my 2 cents in. (Consider it a thread bump).

Take your tuner out of the loop, if you have a chain from your guitar to the amp, run the tuner first.

'Personally' I would run the effects loop as follows. Send>Chorus>Phaser> Delay>Return.
Mix at about 30% and find what you like from there. I would then play with the send dail to find the level, so you dont experience the volume yoyo'ing.

I always hear of volume levels dropping when the FX loop is engaged but not like your claiming, thats a new one.

Let me know, Im playing with my Triple rec effects loop at the moment as well.

David.

Yeah actually it was dropping. I think I got it figured out now, but thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back