Problems with Boogie?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pau_leader

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I noticed that on the forum, people are having problems with Mesa Boogie. ex. "EFX loop problem" or the "reverb is not working"

The only problem I have with my amp, is that when I switch on the stanby, it powers off the amp(it will be fixed).

I recently talked to a friend of mine, which has been playing guitar for years. We were talking about new amps coming out(Diezel,Bogner)

And Mesa Boogie came up. He was saying that a lot of people are trying to buy new amps from differant brands(not Marshall or Mesa)

cuz other than getting a differant tone, The quality is just not there.

Could it be that Mesa is slipping? I love Mesa Boogie, but maybe he does have a point.

What is your opinion?

I'll never doubt Mesa's commitment to building the best, most roadworthy, modern tube amps available today.

jbird said:
I'll never doubt Mesa's commitment to building the best, most roadworthy, modern tube amps available today.

Thats good, but how do you explain the problems people are having with their amps? Its not one or two, its more than a few.

Thats good, but how do you explain the problems people are having with their amps? Its not one or two, its more than a few.

I think Mesa out sells other modern boutique amp builders by quite a bit, so we could just be looking at a numbers thing. If Bogner or Diezel moved as much product as Mesa, I wonder what we'd see??

Just a thought.
David.

David.W said:

I think Mesa out sells other modern boutique amp builders by quite a bit, so we could just be looking at a numbers thing. If Bogner or Diezel moved as much product as Mesa, I wonder what we'd see??

Just a thought.
David.

Thats true. I just think Mesa should still be careful, I hate taking an amp to a tech and wait 14 days to get it serviced! Its an inconvenience!

David.W said:

+1.

I wonder how many bum amps per capita Mesa sells compared to other brands?

I also wonder how many perfectly fine amps have been ruined in the hands of idiots.....then blamed on poor workmanship?

wonder how many perfectly fine amps have been ruined in the hands of idiots.....then blamed on poor workmanship?

SOMEONE BUY THAT MAN A BEER! :wink:
Well put.

Sure ive had my problems with my mesa before, i played on day for 45mins no problems turned it on teh next day and it was dead. A simple wiring problem.

If you buy a ferrari, you still expect wear and tear over time. It's life.

I'm not havign a stab at you pau_leader, you just asked for our oppinion and i dont' feel mesa's are losing it at all.

Michael

I dont think the problem with my amp is by user error. If it comes out of the box messing up, how is the person an idiot?

Not all problems with amps are associated with the user.

But thanks for your opinions.

pau_leader said:
Hey guys,
The only problem I have with my amp, is that when I switch on the stanby, it powers off the amp(it will be fixed).

Which amp do you have?

Did you notice this issue at the store when you bought it?

RussB said:
pau_leader said:
Hey guys,

Which amp do you have?

F-50 combo 1x12

The guy at GC ordered it and came to the store brand new. I picked it up and took it home.

David.W said:

Just a thought.
David.

You hit it right on.
Actually Bogners are known for problems.

pau_leader said:
RussB said:
pau_leader said:
Hey guys,

Which amp do you have?

F-50 combo 1x12

The guy at GC ordered it and came to the store brand new. I picked it up and took it home.

I take it you didn't try it, nor did the GC fire it up...The dealer should ALWAYS test-drive the amp BEFORE they sell it...

**** can happen in transit (not the case here) and Boo-boo's can be made at the factory (seems like the issue at hand)

Lesson learned, try it before you take it home.

RussB said:
pau_leader said:
RussB said:
Which amp do you have?

F-50 combo 1x12

I take it you didn't try it, nor did the GC fire it up...The dealer should ALWAYS test-drive the amp BEFORE they sell it...

sh!t can happen in transit (not the case here) and Boo-boo's can be made at the factory (seems like the issue at hand)

Lesson learned, try it before you take it home.

Definitly! I am not unhappy with Mesa, I love my tone and am very satisfied with my amp.

OK, I'm really confused now...

If the amp "powers down" when you take the amp "off" standby (i.e, put it into play mode) how did you get to play it?

Am I missing something here?

RussB said:
OK, I'm really confused now...

If the amp "powers down" when you take the amp "off" standby (i.e, put it into play mode) how did you get to play it?

Am I missing something here?

I am playing the guitar with amp. I take a break. When I use the standby switch , the amp turns off.

Keep something in mind.. Not every Mesa user is on the forum. Most mesa users don't gravitate towards internet discussion forums; people that are having trouble / looking for advice come to the internet.

Think of it like this. How many phone calls do you think they get from people perfectly satisfied with their amps? Probably very few.

Inearthed said:
Keep something in mind.. Not every Mesa user is on the forum. Most mesa users don't gravitate towards internet discussion forums; people that are having trouble / looking for advice come to the internet.

Think of it like this. How many phone calls do you think they get from people perfectly satisfied with their amps? Probably very few.

Yep. Human Nature. If it's positive news, then you might tell a few people, if it's bad news, your going to tell everybody.

Inearthed said:

Nope, they QUITE a lot of people calling with nothing but praise as matter of fact.

Tons of people just stop by the shop too, and customers (or potential customers) are always welcome. A cup of coffee and a tour of the shop seems to standard fair. If you bring your amp along with you, you can get some free tubes too.

Latest posts

Back