Problem switching channels on Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgx612a

Reaction score
I just got my Mark IV out of the pawn shop, It was in there for at least 6 months. So now my amp is stuck on channel one, it bumps up in volume when i switch to rythym 2 but that is it...it does nothing when switching to channel 3 and does nothing with the footswitch. I'm stumped???

Markedman said:
Did you check the big dial in back and set it right?

Yes I did. I even opened it up to see if I could see anything wrong but i'm not very good with electronics. I was thinking about maybe spraying some contact cleaner on that wheel thing that the channel switching dial is connected to??

Make sure you use deoxit 5. It is the only thing to use, anything else will ruin the potentiometer.

Any luck on this I just purchased a Mark IV combo myself in the last week I received it today in the mail, I am having the same Issue.

Never mind I figured out my own issue. It might have helped to not have it on auto RHY 1 lol, well this is my first amp tube amp. so learning experience.

bjones7296 said:
Never mind I figured out my own issue. It might have helped to not have it on auto RHY 1 lol, well this is my first amp tube amp. so learning experience.

This was the exact problem I had. All is well now. I feel so dumb for not figuring that out right away.

Latest posts

Back