Price of IIc+ going down?????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oogie

Reaction score
is it just me or does it seem that people are just not buying the C+'s like they used to? ive seen a few on ebay over the past couple of months that just dont get sold or not very easily anyways, and people dont seem to be paying as much for them. has anyone seen a loaded c+ sell for over 3000 lately??( besides the export tranny one that was like 4500).

There are so many different variables to why some sell for more money than others.

Some are only 60 watts. Some have no eq or reverb. Some are C's that were modded to C+'s.

Some sellers have little or no feedback. I personally won't bid on an expensive item if the seller has no feedback.

Some auctions look suspicious.

There are a lot of reasons why the prices are all over the place.

yah gotcha...but i used to routinely see c+ sell for well over 3000, now i see c+ with 2500 "buy it now" that dont get sold for weeks??? i was just wondering if anybody else is seeing this??

One answer I have for the OP is that I think there are players who think that it is the be all end all for them and when they find (or may find) that Boogies are not "easy" to dial in and their playing is still what it was... I think well, I think they do not play up to the level needed to appreciate one. When the point is reached where the find this out, the holy grail amp is thought of in a lesser degree and riddence of it begins in their mind and eventually it is gone and on to the next believer.

oogie said:
hey gig, what would you pay for a 83 longhead, eq, reverb, simul ???

You certainly have a prized possession with that one I'd say. Outstanding property. I have my heart set on a combo. One that will buckle my knees when I see it. Kind of like house hunting with a realtor. For me it's something you just know when you see it.

Shameless plug here...But come September I'll be looking for a Simul-EQ head. I'm only saying because I see some talk of people wanting to sell.

hey ... actually still looking for a long head C+ right now ... :). PM sent on that one. also still interested in an original imbuya HRG C+ combo.

gts said:
GIG4FUN said:
I have my heart set on a combo. One that will buckle my knees when I see it.
It'll buckle your knees when you lift it! :shock:
Trust me consider getting a head, You'll be very happy you did.

Put a 1x12 open back and a thiele or two thieles under it. :D

edit(look how much you made me write! I'm buzzing with morning java..)

I have seen some of your gear set-ups and truly understand and like the looks etc. but I played Fender, Marshall, Laney head/stack set-ups for so many years. My first amp was a 1964 Fender Tremolux "piggyback" (35watt head, 2X10 cab), that now that I have been on a combo kick, I can't stop! haha

I have a few ev loaded combo's. I know what you are saying about weight. That may be one reason I was a body builder too. I have kept myself in great shape. I lift everyday. I'm the strongest 50 year old man in town LOL

I have a warehouse size amp collection. I have a few very heavy off brand amps too. I have a few racks with just 4U uninteruptable power supplies I sometimes take to a gig for line conditioning off generators. My guys lift too! haha

can a c+ be used in europe without the export tranny?????? arent there converters out there you can buy??? just curious.

oogie said:
can a c+ be used in europe without the export tranny?????? arent there converters out there you can buy??? just curious.

That is what drives the "non EQ" export transformer prices to the $5000 mark. The absence of the "tone sucking" EQ combined with the variable voltage input makes for the ultimate MkIIC+. :roll: :roll: :roll:

you either have a voltage selector built into the amp or you need an external step down transformer, which is something rather common to get. this of course no matter which amp / electrical device.

Latest posts

Back