Price increase after NAMM?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.I.G.

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm, what, if any, price increases we might expect from Mesa/Boogie after NAMM? I was at my dealer the other day and he said that prices will go up, but he didn't know specifically by how much. Anyone in the know happen to have any idea? I was thinking of ordering a custom Stiletto Deuce but I didn't know if I could wait until after NAMM, or if I would be screwing myself by doing that. I would hope with the economy the way it is an their price increases historically exceeding inflation, that they wouldn't raise prices too much, if at all, this year for existing models.

FWIW, and don't take this the wrong way but does the price going up really impact the decision of buying a new Mesa?

I mean, if it goes up $50 or $99 at the most (which it has historically done) does that really break your decision to buy a 2k amp?

Again, I don't want to sound snarky, but it is not a 25% price hike...

I agree with you but if you have a chance to save $50 - $100 I would opt have that savings than not . get your order in before the increase . They price list always comes out in February . I would order now , its going to be 2 months or so before you get it anyhow . If you are waiting to see what they are doing new, its going to be the Mark V

Jmango said:
FWIW, and don't take this the wrong way but does the price going up really impact the decision of buying a new Mesa?

No offense taken. Basically, it's not a matter of if, but when.

Ideally, I would like to order it when I know I have the money to pay for it cash. I know I am getting a big tax return this year but I probably won't see that money until April or later.

If I knew the prices are for sure going up (which they usually do) I will just order it in January. If I could confirm that they were not going up, I would probably wait until I could pay cash up front. It definitely won't steer me away from buying they amp, it just affects my timing a bit.

If i were you i would assume that there will be a price increase . If you ordered it in January it will probably be at least Mach before its delivered I would think . Especially since they will be getting orders from dealers at NAMM .

Personally, I would be very surprised if there was a price increase...

We all know that the economy is in the dumps and the fact that commodity prices have dropped like a rock, I just don't see Mesa raising prices.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

zeeman

Alot of the price increases last year were blanket increases based on freight and raw material costs based around petroleum. I dont think we will see the same increases this year. gas has gone down, petroleum has gone real soft. there will still be increases due to labour and other material issues but not as sharp.

drunkdolphin said:
Alot of the price increases last year were blanket increases based on freight and raw material costs based around petroleum. I dont think we will see the same increases this year. gas has gone down, petroleum has gone real soft. there will still be increases due to labour and other material issues but not as sharp.

I think you are the money . I remember talking to the mesa rep about last years increase and alot of it was due to fuel prices . I also agree that there will be some sort of increase across the board . I seem to remember the LS went up $200 last year . I also remember I ordered a 2X12 horizontal recto cab in late 2007 and got my order before the increase and it too had a significant increase . I still say order your Deuce now and save some money .

FWIW, both the U.S. Postal Service and FedEx have announced price increases in January.

Barry said:
drunkdolphin said:

I think you are the money . I remember talking to the mesa rep about last years increase and alot of it was due to fuel prices . I also agree that there will be some sort of increase across the board . I seem to remember the LS went up $200 last year . I also remember I ordered a 2X12 horizontal recto cab in late 2007 and got my order before the increase and it too had a significant increase . I still say order your Deuce now and save some money .

Yes, a lot of businesses were citing "fuel" or "energy" costs to explain poor business results. Clearly Mesa will not lower prices now that fuel costs are what, 60% lower than the peak?

What will be interesting is whether they raise prices in the current economy. Sure, a $100 jump on a $1799 amp is only ~5%. But if the net effect of the economy for most people is frozen wages, etc, then it's more like a 8-10% effective hike in price. And if we show signs of deflation, it might be a net 15% jump.

Mesa has conditioned the market to expect a 5% jump. That is fine when people's net income is growing 5% a year. When it's not, Mesa may see demand start to fall off. These are "luxury goods" after all.

simonich said:
Barry said:
drunkdolphin said:

Yes, a lot of businesses were citing "fuel" or "energy" costs to explain poor business results. Clearly Mesa will not lower prices now that fuel costs are what, 60% lower than the peak?

What will be interesting is whether they raise prices in the current economy. Sure, a $100 jump on a $1799 amp is only ~5%. But if the net effect of the economy for most people is frozen wages, etc, then it's more like a 8-10% effective hike in price. And if we show signs of deflation, it might be a net 15% jump.

Mesa has conditioned the market to expect a 5% jump. That is fine when people's net income is growing 5% a year. When it's not, Mesa may see demand start to fall off. These are "luxury goods" after all.

I doubt Mesa will lower their prices since the fuel prices went down . Having said that I doubt seriously any of their suppliers will either .

But were not talking just fuel, look how many thing to do with the amp are petrol based, packaging material, vinyl covering so on and so on. we all know it comes down the line, a cent more for a resistor at manufacturing, to the supplier to mesa to us snowballs. im sure that while the prices are set thru the year and they are not ones to issue a new price list every month depending on which way the wind blows, they do absorb costs during the year, say theres a spike in aluminum prices and they have to pay more for a LSS chassis, well they just do automatically pass it o to the dealers who in turn pass it to us.
5% to me is reasonable cosidering all the background factors.
Look im in Canada and exchange has gone up 20 or so percent in the last 3 months, thats more of a kick in the *** than a 5% yearly increase.
just my 2 cents (USD), which at todays exchange would be about 2.5 cents (CDN).

Drunk Dolphin.

At this point in time....I have just about all the amps I need. I do lurk and purchase from time to time...so for me, a price hike in this economy would be a deal breaker...as I don't have to have one. Price hike is a sure fire G.A.S. antidote or cure for me.

IMO the ethical and prudent thing is to leave prices as they are...given that they no longer have the exorbitant fuel costs of last year. So, in essence they are already increasing their net profits by leaving prices the same.

drunkdolphin said:
But were not talking just fuel, look how many thing to do with the amp are petrol based, packaging material, vinyl covering so on and so on. we all know it comes down the line, a cent more for a resistor at manufacturing, to the supplier to mesa to us snowballs. im sure that while the prices are set thru the year and they are not ones to issue a new price list every month depending on which way the wind blows, they do absorb costs during the year, say theres a spike in aluminum prices and they have to pay more for a LSS chassis, well they just do automatically pass it o to the dealers who in turn pass it to us.
5% to me is reasonable cosidering all the background factors.
Look im in Canada and exchange has gone up 20 or so percent in the last 3 months, thats more of a kick in the *** than a 5% yearly increase.
just my 2 cents (USD), which at todays exchange would be about 2.5 cents (CDN).

Drunk Dolphin.

That's not necessarily how the supply chain works in all cases....

sleepingtiger said:
Last year the Road King II went up 10%, from $2500 to $2750, FWIW.

Tony

Well Recto's cost well over $A5000 in Australia so price is a major issue here.
And the exchange rate only accounts for 20-30% of it currently.
When our dollar was worth 95c six months ago the price of Recto's stayed the same.
Will be interesting to see what they price the Mark V at here

I call three stores in Canada and nobody could tell me the canadian price for the mark 5.
They all said to call back next week!!!!!
Anybody knows the price for the mark 5 (head) in Canada????
Thanks,
Normand.

I think it'd be kinda stupid if there was an increase on the Mark 5 or Electra.. they just introduced them for 1999 / 1599 so why two weeks later would they say oh, I'm charging you 50-100 extra, when not much would have changed? Especially if the economy keeps tumbling... maybe some other products might get a small increase though.

(I want a mark V, so I'm hopefull since I won't be able to get one for at least a year)

Latest posts

Back