Price check on some Rectos

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cml619

Reaction score
Looking at a pre 500 Recto and two Racktos right now, not sure what they go for. What is a reasonable price? Also Rev F and Rev G rectos. Thanks!

fluff191 said:
In good condition about $1400 is the tops I would pay in the current market.

He's willing to pay $100 more than I would.

The highest I'd be willing to go on an early Recto in near mint condition is $1300. You can find them regularly in the $1000-1100 range, and beat up ones typically go around $800 (although I've heard of them dropping lower in this market). Black face/chrome chassis models typically have a $100-200 premium attached to them, depending on condition. Although on the internet the Rev F is generally considered a little more desirable than the G it doesn't really seem to translate into prices.

Ractos don't really catch much of a premium. I haven't watched their price recently, but I don't remember them going for any more than a standard 2 channel would sell for. I know they get hyped up a lot, but the average guitarist doesn't want a rack mount so it reduces the demand. The trade off is that there's no tolex to scuff up, so you can expect them to being going for the mid to high end prices I listed above.

I wouldn't pay any more than $1800 for a pre-500, although people have been listing them upwards of $2200 recently I don't think many have actually sold at that price. That said, I wouldn't buy a pre-500 anyway since I require a usable clean channel. Recto number R0005 was listed for $2400 last year and after sitting for awhile I think it sold as part of a trade.

If the amp is over 5 years old it will be out of warrenty and I would not spend over $1000 for one in good condition. If the tolex is beat up I would go in the $800 +/- $100 range.

I was in a GC the other day (for strings) that does not carry new Mesa's and they had your basic used 3-channel Recto, beat up tolex with two missing and one half torn corners, with a $1600 price tag on it. :shock:

Sad part is some poor sucker will eventually buy it.

Dom

Hey guys, one last question..I can get a clean Rev E for the same price of the Rev G. Anyone compare them? The Rev G has the small logo, serial loop and Mark transformers. I fear the cleans :/ Also, does anything think it's worth an extra $500-$600 for a clean pre 500 recto over the Rev G?

cml619 said:
Hey guys, one last question..I can get a clean Rev E for the same price of the Rev G. Anyone compare them? The Rev G has the small logo, serial loop and Mark transformers. I fear the cleans :/ Also, does anything think it's worth an extra $500-$600 for a clean pre 500 recto over the Rev G?

If you don't need a clean channel? I think it is all apples to oranges in this case. Everyone likes a slightly different flavour of recto. I happen to prefer the darker tone of my Rev F but it is simply preference. Have you played an early Dual? Do you have in mind what sort of a sound you want or are you interested in one of these older amps because someone said they sound better? I hands down prefer my Dual to the original 3 channel model but that is just me.

screamingdaisy said:
And on that note, I apparently have way too much time on my hands.... :?

Practice MOAR! :twisted:

screamingdaisy said:
He's willing to pay $100 more than I would.

I was referring to a 'Pre-500' Recto. Not a Rev. G. I should have clarified.

YellowJacket said:
If you don't need a clean channel? I think it is all apples to oranges in this case.

+1

I have a Rev G incoming, it has a serial loop and Mark III transformers. I may also buy a Rev F to compare it with and off which one I don't like, should I? I have the cash but not sure if I should.

Back