• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

pre 500 recto for 2k on the bay!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-Mesa-Boogie-Dual-Rectifier-Solo-Head-Pre-500_W0QQitemZ320170377133QQihZ011QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm guessing the auction had a 2k BIN, that has since been knocked out by a bidder. But it will be interesting to see what this one goes for. This is the first chrome diamond, black chassis pre500 that i've seen since they've started going for 2k.

im the one who actually knock it out to see where it goes.

i think the seller is here on the board. admiralB. a few threads he was talking on the pre 500.

i actually have 2 two early dr. one i just got from Jim.both have pre500 trannys but one is rev E and the other is rev F.

rev.E :shock: thats not worth anything!! :wink: ,,,i dont think they made a rev.e

bunyok23
Mark II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote
i hope it goes for 1200$ i hate to see these going for so much,i think im going to have to keep an eye out for another rev f before they are going for 2000$ :x

bunyok23 said:
i think the seller is here on the board. admiralB. a few threads he was talking on the pre 500.

Yep, that's me. I really have no idea what it's worth, since cosmetically it's kind of a beater. It does sound really good, though...less "woolly" than I generally think of DRs being.

bunyok23 said:

i actually have 2 two early dr. one i just got from Jim.both have pre500 trannys but one is rev E and the other is rev F.

I've never heard of a RevE. Are you absolutely sure? Did you look by the blue filter caps?

yes im definitely sure. ask Jim. and here's a pic.

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

it looks very similar to rev f though

IMG_2225.jpg

AWESOME FIND!!! Thanks for those pics!! I've been wondering about if there was ever an E for a couple of years now, and you just showed it. How does it sound in comparison to other early rectos you've tried?

bunyok23 said:
and here she is: chrome on black treadplate

IMG_2231.jpg

If you own two Dual Rectos that have the pre 500 trannies but are post 500, wouldn't they sound like the pre 500's in a sence?
Or is it more in the curcit board Revs?
How can you tell they are pre 500 trannies?

LynchLicks said:

I think all the DRs that lack a dedicated 16-ohm tap use the 'early' (Mark series) OT.

Wow! I've never seen a RevE before! I can't wait to hear your review of it! I wonder where the E's began, and when the E's ended?

AdmiralB said:
LynchLicks said:

I think all the DRs that lack a dedicated 16-ohm tap use the 'early' (Mark series) OT.

If all the pre 500 DRs and a lot of the post DRs have the same trannies, then I supose it's in the verious curcit board Revs that make the pre 500 DRs unique from the post 500.
If that's not it, what's their appeal? and don't say because they sound awesome, I know they sound awesome!, I own DRs #220 & #414. Both sound exactly alike to me.
I've just never owned a post 500 (say between #500 & #1000) to compare my two pre 500's with.
I'm just trying to understand why the pre 500's are going for $2000.+ while most of the slightly post 500(say 600's,700's & 800's) are going for closer to $1000.+

LynchLicks said:
AdmiralB said:
LynchLicks said:

If all the pre 500 DRs and a lot of the post DRs have the same trannies, then I supose it's in the verious curcit board Revs that make the pre 500 DRs unique from the post 500.
If that's not it, what's their appeal? and don't say because they sound awesome, I know they sound awesome!, I own DRs #220 & #414. Both sound exactly alike to me.
I've just never owned a post 500 (say between #500 & #1000) to compare my two pre 500's with.
I'm just trying to understand why the pre 500's are going for $2000.+ while most of the slightly post 500(say 600's,700's & 800's) are going for closer to $1000.+

In one word... hype.

bunyok23 said:
and it was started here....lol :p

No kidding. You have thread after thread about "pre-500's", their special tranny's, etc. and then people wonder why they are expensive. Add the fact that there are way less pre-500 DR's than IIC+'s and that doesn't hurt either.

Latest posts

Back