• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PRE 500 DUAL RECTIFIER FT

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badcats2k

Reaction score
Just testing the waters....

I have a pre 500 dual recto up for grabs. It is excellent condition. It has been pampered and lived in a closet or in a studio all its life. Looking for part or full trade for high end amps or guitars. I would go straight up for a loaded Boogie MK 2c+ head or other ultra high gain monster. Would also consider a part trade for a Roadster or Roadking head. Just looking for a new tone. Thanks, Mike

pics

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg209/badcats2k/?action=view&current=a93a2ed8.pbw

IIC+ are selling for $3,000-$3,500. Are pre-500 DRs selling for that now? :?:

Gear-Monkey said:
psychodave said:

the last two most recent pre500 that I saw sold for $1050 and $1300. I bought the $1300 one, but it's not as nice as the OPs.

I figured you would know 8) :D 8)

I may have to pick one up for shits and giggles :lol:

Here here boys....no need to start a war here. We all know that stuff is worth what the market will bear. I have a really sweet PRE 250 DR that has served me well and sounds like all the hype. I did not set a price, just to keep the debate to a minimum. I would take a modded 2C+ loaded head, or mix it up with a 4 channel switcher and some cash. Not looking to get rich on the deal, but I paid plenty for the head and know what value it has, just hoping to keep a closet classic in the family. I love the amp, do not need to sell it and may eventually Ebay it if I don't get any takers. So please lets put out all the flames. And for those of you that have not heard a pre 500 DR, yes they really are that good. Just wondering what a 2C+ will sound like, I may hate it, but you guys have yet to steer me wrong. I have piles of gear and minimal talent, still looking for the holy grail since my fingers can't seem to produce the sound I am looking for. Mike

Gear-Monkey said:
psychodave said:

the last two most recent pre500 that I saw sold for $1050 and $1300. I bought the $1300 one, but it's not as nice as the OPs.

(I won't make any rants. Let me just say that "Gear-Monkey" has likely confused that $1050 price with a Revision E (Post R-0505) that I recently bought.)

I have avidly been checking craigslist and ebay for early rec's and Mark iic+'s. It is very possible to find Mark iic+'s in the $2.5k range. It sounds to me like you guys are comparing buy-it-now prices on the Mark iic+ with prices of post-500 DR's. Every Revision C or D that I have seen over the last several months is right around $2K. I don't think the thread starter is that far off at all.

Thanks for the offer on the MK4 but I have 2. Both combos, I would be happy to trade one of my MK4 combos for a MK 4 head. Anyone out there wanting to trade? I have a MK4 A short combo, and a MK4 B wide combo if anyone was interested. Thanks

Joel said:
Gear-Monkey said:
psychodave said:

(I won't make any rants. Let me just say that "Gear-Monkey" has likely confused that $1050 price with a Revision E (Post R-0505) that I recently bought.)

I have avidly been checking craigslist and ebay for early rec's and Mark iic+'s. It is very possible to find Mark iic+'s in the $2.5k range. It sounds to me like you guys are comparing buy-it-now prices on the Mark iic+ with prices of post-500 DR's. Every Revision C or D that I have seen over the last several months is right around $2K. I don't think the thread starter is that far off at all.

I wasn't stating that pre500 are worth $1000 - $1300 just because I bought one for that. hell, I bought a MarkIV shorthead with a fresh retube and MINT condition for $600 shipped to my door. Does that mean the market is under $600 for all MarkIV short heads? No! Just means I was in the right place at the right time.

However, on the point at hand, I have not seen a pre500 for for over $3k in a long time. I think the last $3000 recto sold to a prominent buyer in Australia.... and that was more than 8 - 10 months ago.

I think we all agree that any old musical equipment fluctuate on price. e.g. supply and demand (and economy).

On topic, I think anything under $2200 for a mint pre500 is reasonable. Anything under $1800 is a steal. And anything under $1300 is pure insane luck --go play the lottery luck.

Latest posts

Back