Power Amp 2:90 / 2:100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggyrockdude

Reaction score
Gday all from sunny Melbourne Australia :). I have a question that someone in US may be able to clarify. I am looking to buy either a 2:90 or 2:100 to run with my triaxis. As the prices in Australia are ridiculously over taxed (it will save me about $1000 to buy direct in USA) I am going to have a friend grab one for me when next in L.A. My question relates to power supply. Does anyone know if power supply to these units are universal between countries? Or does the unit require power conversion to be made compatible with Australia's 240V power system? It may be a dumb question but just need to check! :)

ziggyrockdude said:
So Im looking at maybe a hundred bucks to get converted?

About $200AU for an external step-down converter (just plug and play, no conversion needed). To have the internal transformer in a Mesa Power amp changed over, it's more like $4-500. I've heard that the older models used to have multi-tap transformers which meant you just had to rewire them a bit, which was much cheaper. I believe that is not the case for the newer models. You could email Mesa to find out, I suppose.

you should get a 2:90 for your triaxis, it is the type of power AMp that would be in a mark and the recto is too modern for the triaxis. Long story short get the 2:90 for your triaxis.

ALL GOOD GUYS, THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES, I've managed to get a good price from Oz supplier rather than retail store. Jesus I hate dealing with retail stores, tey are soooo full of ****! ROCK ON :)

Go with the 2:Ninety. It is a phenomenal power amp that is as loud as the condemned souls screaming in Hell and has a modern setting that will make your rig sound like a RECTO without that nasty fizz.

Plus, you can get a **** load of tones out of the Triaxis and 2:Ninety. I have at least 100 tones that I have programmed myself (ranging from clean, tweed, rhythm, and lead tones) and will most likely double that by the end of the month before heading out on tour with REDSKY (that is another reason why I bought TWO Triaxis preamps).

interesting thread as i was just wondering the same thing about a 2:90 simuclass and 2:100 recto power amps. I have a soldano x88r im wanting to run through a poweramp and soldano tell me to get a mesaboogie 2:90 as this is close to the SLO power amp section etc.. (VHT and Soldano poweramp's are too expensive and hard to find)

I currently run my soldano preamp into my dual recto 2ch head's return jack.. I love that head its a BEAST!! the house vibrates when that thing is on .. But my intensions are to move away from the head and go rack .. i would prob buy a recto preamp so i can retain that recto sound... so i can run my soldano preamp to my soldano cab out of one side of the poweramp and then another preamp (prob the recto preamp if i find one or for now just as an exercise i could slave out my dual recto outs preamp to the new poweramp and out to the marshall cab) then i can switch between the 2. using my gsystem i should be able to switch between the soldanos 3 channels and the boogies 2 channels with or without effects depending what i route in the gsystem.. but the main thing is i want soldano with soldano cab ONLY and anything else in the other channel of the poweramp to go the the marshall cab.

but the description above about the 2:100 recto poweramp having that fizzy sound is actually what i DONT want for the soldano preamp.. so im guessing as soldano have suggested the 2:90 is the way to go

soldoogie said:
but the description above about the 2:100 recto poweramp having that fizzy sound is actually what i DONT want for the soldano preamp.. so im guessing as soldano have suggested the 2:90 is the way to go

Probably - the 2:90 is definitely not a fizzy amp.

Latest posts

Back