Potential Mark vii Owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhaoson

Reaction score
New to Mesas and about to get my first Mark Series amp in a couple of days. Always played Marshalls and just wanted to get any advice on how to set the eq on these.

I would not fear the GEQ. Adjust the sliders to what sounds good. Anything goes. Depending on volume, gain setting and such, you may need to dial back on the bass on the 3 band tone stack as that is pre gain on most modes. Using the GEQ to get it back works. If you want more hair band sound, drop the 750 all the way down and push the 6600Hz up. It is more or less what you like in the sound.

This is where I have mine set, but others may arrange them differently. I found this works with all channels including the cleans. Also, you can turn off the GEQ and that is good too.

20230729_170629.jpg

I would not fear the GEQ. Adjust the sliders to what sounds good. Anything goes. Depending on volume, gain setting and such, you may need to dial back on the bass on the 3 band tone stack as that is pre gain on most modes. Using the GEQ to get it back works. If you want more hair band sound, drop the 750 all the way down and push the 6600Hz up. It is more or less what you like in the sound.

This is where I have mine set, but others may arrange them differently. I found this works with all channels including the cleans. Also, you can turn off the GEQ and that is good too.

View attachment 4084

View attachment 4084
I have a 212 open back with Celestion v types in it. How different are they from the C90's?

Power rating is different, that is as far as I can go with that. No experience with the V types. C90, it is OK. I no longer use that speaker anymore. I had other preferences like EMV12L Classic or the Black Label. As for the current V30 mesa is using, they are great in the Recto cabs.

Did you get the combo or head? Either way, you can still use the 212 cab. The manual describes how to pair up speakers if they have a different impedance.

Power rating is different, that is as far as I can go with that. No experience with the V types. C90, it is OK. I no longer use that speaker anymore. I had other preferences like EMV12L Classic or the Black Label. As for the current V30 mesa is using, they are great in the Recto cabs.

Did you get the combo or head? Either way, you can still use the 212 cab. The manual describes how to pair up speakers if they have a different impedance.
I got the head version. My 212 has the v types in it.

It will probably sound good. Not familiar with the V-Type, had to watch a Pete Thorn video on them. Attributes from V30, green back and whatnot. That may be interesting to see what your comments on them will be with the Mark VII.

Latest posts

Back