Post your rig part 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Studio stuff...

DSC04748.jpg

DSC04737.jpg

DSC04738.jpg

DSC04724.jpg

DSC04723.jpg

gig/studio stuff...
DSC04714.jpg

Here are some demos I wrote and worked on... (CLICK 'NO' IF ASKED TO CLOSE THE WINDOW)
Lala's Lullaby. This is full of mistakes. It's a "spur of the moment" take...
End of Despair. Demo. I wrote the music. The singer wrote the words.

Ibanez JPM P3
Ibanez RG8420ZD
Ibanez USRG20
Ibanez RG3120

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifer
Behringer BTR2000
Furman PQ6
Furman PL Plus serie II
ISP Decimator ProRackG
TC G Major
ENGL E530

screamingdaisy said:

Dude... i always love seeing your gear. I remember when I first got my first Road King and I developed a man-crush on you when I stole your 'Big muff on crack' setting and then I was all like "I should totally get an Orange" and then I saw that you got one, and that sealed the deal. Now I look at that Electric stack and just think "**** yeah!". I have enough amps at the moment though

Areola said:
Dude... i always love seeing your gear. I remember when I first got my first Road King and I developed a man-crush on you when I stole your 'Big muff on crack' setting and then I was all like "I should totally get an Orange" and then I saw that you got one, and that sealed the deal. Now I look at that Electric stack and just think "f%&# yeah!". I have enough amps at the moment though

I have enough amps too.

That said, I still want a Stiletto.

I've come to the conclusion that while some guys are happy with one amp and a bunch of pedals to get them to their tonal destination I want different amps. That's the reason for the Electric... only amp I've owned that can actually sound like a fuzz box.

I've also determined that whatever it is that's unique in Boogie's voicing agrees with my ears, because I generally prefer their version of classic tones over that of the classic amp that originally made it.

screamingdaisy said:
Areola said:
Dude... i always love seeing your gear. I remember when I first got my first Road King and I developed a man-crush on you when I stole your 'Big muff on crack' setting and then I was all like "I should totally get an Orange" and then I saw that you got one, and that sealed the deal. Now I look at that Electric stack and just think "f%&# yeah!". I have enough amps at the moment though

I have enough amps too.

That said, I still want a Stiletto.

I've come to the conclusion that while some guys are happy with one amp and a bunch of pedals to get them to their tonal destination I want different amps. That's the reason for the Electric... only amp I've owned that can actually sound like a fuzz box.

I've also determined that whatever it is that's unique in Boogie's voicing agrees with my ears, because I generally prefer their version of classic tones over that of the classic amp that originally made it.

Totally agree on the whole amp thing. I mean, afterall my main amp is my Rev G Recto, but i'm recording at the moment and I haven't even switched the fucking thing on yet. Even though it's the basis of my tone, I've found that other amps have subtle nuances that are much better suited for recording. Plus I decided to base the EP around the idea of clean guitar tones with dirty as **** bass tone, so the AD30 has seen the most action.

The guitarist from the band I now manage uses a Soldano Hot Rod 50. That thing is just insane. Between that and the Electric, best tone for Doom/Sludge EVER

jutsin said:
here's a few that i had a month or two ago, but have since slimmed down my collection:
photo.jpg

and here is my current setup that is in my bedroom. i keep it within 5 feet of me when i sleep :p it's small, easy to carry and potent!
DSC02458.jpg

how do you like the ultra plus with the recto or compared to the recto

Finally got an actual camera. Thought I should test it out.

2008 FJA Mesa Rectifier
Mesa.jpg

Ibanez SZ320ex
320.jpg

Ibanez SZ720fm
720.jpg

Pedalboard
Board.jpg

geetar_geek79 said:
Studio stuff...

DSC04748.jpg

DSC04737.jpg

DSC04738.jpg

DSC04724.jpg

DSC04723.jpg

gig/studio stuff...
DSC04714.jpg

Here are some demos I wrote and worked on... (CLICK 'NO' IF ASKED TO CLOSE THE WINDOW)
Lala's Lullaby. This is full of mistakes. It's a "spur of the moment" take...
End of Despair. Demo. I wrote the music. The singer wrote the words.

You had me with the Deans (I have a signed, prototype color USA hardtail, and an actual 1978 ML)...but you lost me with the Line 6. ;)

fluff191 said:
Scooterjohn said:
...but you lost me with the Line 6. ;)

He lost me at the Marshall solid state head sitting under his Recto as a backup.
facepalm.gif

Holy Toledo, you're right!! Some of us would think that the best backup for a Recto would be.........................another Recto. Viola!

screamingdaisy said:

I A/B'd an Orange cab with a Bogner cab, and man...those Orange cabs sound thick by comparison. I'm sure I'll get one at some point.

Here are my guitars that i use + my home studio
DSCF1229.jpg

this is what im using right now which will be up for sale soon so i can get a mesa.
DSCF1265.jpg

Boxenstien said:
^ BUCKETHEAD SIGNATURE!! Sweetness

is that a sticker on it? :eek:

yea it is i figured ill always have this guitar so i said fk it. put a destructoid sticker on it.

The BUCKETHEAD signature is pretty badass man! That dude has definitely been on my list of favorites for some years now.

Here's a picture of some of my gear I'm using right now for writing...rack is not out, but who needs that with some good pedals? (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic)

Myrig.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back