Post Your Rig! Must Include a Mark V.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20150430_135920_zpslnmdku5a.jpg

I love the grill... I have been looking for a couple of those 2X12 grills. I wish boogie still had them or at least available to purchase.

Is that a 52 reissue Tele? I have one it cooks. I did a bit of work on it and it really sounds great. At this time it has been demoted to my backup guitar behind my 3 pickup Tele.

Thank you.
Love that cab (I bought it over this board!)
The tele is a 52 hot rod, great guitar (although I usually play a Heritage H535 or a Heritage H150)

bandit2013 said:
Wayno said:

I really like the look of the V combo on the 2x12 vertical. How much room do you have on top of the Vertical cap in relation to the footprint of the Combo?
This image has sparked my interest and I may consider something similar in the future.

The footprint of the combo is almost identical to the 2x12 vert, literally to within a couple millimetres. I love the look of it too, although i have been considering in another thread about changing out the combo speaker into the cab to mix it with a v30 and see what thats like. If i like that i will prob convert the guts of the combo into a head, mainly cuz the combo is one HEAVY SOAB!!!

Cheers for the compliment :)

Wayno.

Yes, the combo does have some weight to it. If you are not using the combo speaker in your setup then it would be pointless to keep the amp as a combo. However, if you are, the tone of the amp will be different when using two 8 ohm loads in the 4 ohm jacks when compared to a single load thought the 8 ohm jack (combo speaker or 2x12) as it tends to be much brighter that way. I have been considering going back to the head but I sold the shell so that is difficult to do at the moment.

Just received the cab today.

It is a wide body closed back cab.

Instead of the standard C90 I went with the Vintage 30. For the volume of my drummer the Vintage 30 just cuts better.

Was also very happy I was able to find it with the matching "Boogie" logo.

Very big sounding cab!

DSC_0006_zpskg3ltzsd.jpg

bandit2013 said:
Yes, the combo does have some weight to it. If you are not using the combo speaker in your setup then it would be pointless to keep the amp as a combo. However, if you are, the tone of the amp will be different when using two 8 ohm loads in the 4 ohm jacks when compared to a single load thought the 8 ohm jack (combo speaker or 2x12) as it tends to be much brighter that way. I have been considering going back to the head but I sold the shell so that is difficult to do at the moment.

A good friend of mine ( my bands singer!!! ) is a cabinet maker so im gonna have him make me a head up out of a nice piece of sapele or maybe walnut during his quiet period after christmas. I will keep the combo shell to have as my home practice cab so i dont have to keep lugging the 2x12 about. Still love the look of the combo on top of the 2x12 cab though.

If you were using both the 2x12 and combo speaker at the same time, the tone will be different with just the 2x12 as the 8 ohm tap on the OT will sound brighter than a pair of 8 ohm loads connected to the 4 ohm jacks. You can still run the 2x12 by itself thought the 4 ohm jack and still remain safe without harm to the amp. Good luck finding a Mark V head shell, note that the wide body Mark IV head shell will not fit the chassis without modification, front of the V chassis has an extended lip with chamfer that will make it difficult to install into a non-V shell. It can be done after removing the grill plate and cut or shave the backing board (would be the baffle board in a combo amp). Good luck with your changes. Post a new picture of your rig when you get it all done.

I am a little bit late,

here it is: my lovely Mark V 25 and two DIY cabs: two WGS in them the ET65 and the Veteran 30:

y3m2YR4gVffvoXHC6IvDsFCiONWQc76kq1JF0v46j_RTfZpXzb8tEZkhuEJhfvy9NW2ApLm65zA6YWotYxDduzPn19A_UYGpRszllZyj9yjAVSM7VAJx1xpqmrMvywWsQxpqJBDeUZcQ5mqQn08raegq4QP7AX7I01N-Gqh5YpufEc

:) :) :D :D

A.

Current Setup:

Mark V (SPAX7 Preamp tubes and a set of 6L6 and EL34s to swap)
1X12 Mesa Widebody Open back
1X12 Mesa Widebody Closed Back
Line 6 Helix
Mini Amp Gizmo for channel switching via the Helix
Two Notes Torpedo Reload
Guitar shown is an Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty 6

20160427_222613_zpsmbr2c8hy.jpg

Hi guys,

Here's an updated rig for you all.

1) Mark V Head
2) 1x12 Widebody Closed Cab
3) Furman Power Conditioner
4) Axe FX 2 XL+
5) RJM Rack Gizmo
6) RJM MMGT22
7) VL PPAC Powering the Rack Gizmo
8) RJM Phantom Power Box Powering the GT
9) RJM SP-1 RJM Expression Pedal x2

I also have a rack interface panel at the back of my rack for all my connections.

Enjoy!

Paul

Back